10 Questions to Ask Your Canberra Removalists
Be Prepared with Your Professional Movers Canberra
When you move to a new city there is a lot you’ll need to think about. Moving to Canberra is a big step, so it’s a good idea to talk to your removalists before you go. They’ll be able to run you through the process and make sure you’re prepared for your move. If you’re not sure where to start, here are some great questions to ask your removalists in Canberra.
Planning your move to Canberra? Let our movers Canberra help you!
1. Does Canberra have toll roads?
When you move to a new city it’s good to know where you’ll need to spend money as you drive. In Canberra, you will find that there are no toll ways or roads that need E-Toll or electronic tags. This will make your travels in Canberra much more affordable.
2. What if my new Canberra home isn’t ready to move into yet?
Sometimes your new home might not be ready for you to move into yet when you arrive. Our removalists Canberra can help you find storage solutions to suit your needs. When you move to Darwin your new home might not be ready to move into yet. We have secure storage facilities all over Australia with a range of options available. Let our movers Canberra help organise your storage solutions for you.
3. What is public transport like in Canberra?
You will find public transport in Canberra is easy to use and very efficient.
- The main form of public transport here is the bus service, which runs all around Canberra.
- Canberra will soon be introducing a light rail system, which will run every six minutes during peak times, with 13 stops from the City to Gungahlin.
You will also find there are train services if you want to travel further to Melbourne or Sydney.
4. Do I need to be present when the removalists are in my home?
Throughout the uplift and delivery processes, you or a representative over the age of 18 will need to be present. This is to make sure that everything is done correctly and nothing is forgotten. It’s also useful to be there when the removalists are dropping off your goods as you can show them where you want certain boxes to go. Make sure you arrive early to let the removalists in so they don’t waste valuable time waiting around.
5. What’s the easiest way to get to the Canberra airport?
The Canberra airport is close to the CBD and is easy to get to. You can get here using public transport, by driving, or by catching a taxi or rideshare service. The airport is only 7.2km from the Canberra CBD so it shouldn’t be hard to get to and from the airport during your travels.
6. How are you going to transport my belongings?
Your removalists in Canberra have access to a range of transportation methods to move your belongings. The method they choose for your move will depend on where you are going and where you have moved from.
- At WridgWays, we transport goods by train, road, or sea.
- Your movers in Canberra will determine the best method for your move.
7. Where is your depot based in Canberra?
Our depot in Canberra is based in Hume. This is a short distance from the city and will take you around 18 minutes to drive to. If you need to drop off used boxes, put some items into storage, or need any help from your movers Canberra, you’ll be able to get help at our depot.
8. How long will my move take?
Our removalists in Canberra will always strive to deliver your goods to you as efficiently as possible. The length of time it takes to move your goods to Canberra will depend on where you’ve moving from.
- We will always use the most efficient and economical form of transport to move your belongings to your new home.
- At WridgWays, our movers Canberra will ensure they keep your belongings safe, while also striving to get them to you as quickly as possible.
9. Are WridgWays accredited and insured?
Unlike many removalists, our staff are all accredited with the Australian Furniture Removers Association (AFRA). This means they have the necessary training, equipment, vehicles, and premises to carry out your move. Our movers in Canberra are well-equipped to oversee your move from start to finish.
10. How can I find out how my move is progressing?
During your move, you will be able to contact your movers Canberra to find out how the move is progressing. You will be assigned a Move Manager who will be there every step of the way to help take the stress out of your move. If you need help at any stage, you can call the Canberra office in Hume on (02) 6297 5444.
Need help organising your Canberra move? Contact our removalists Canberra today!