10 Questions to Ask Your Darwin Removalists
Be Prepared with Your Professional Movers Darwin
It can be overwhelming moving to a new city. If you’re moving to Darwin, you should ensure that you have professional movers on hand to help you relocate As well as taking the hassle out of your move, they can also help answer any questions you may have about moving to Darwin.
Here are our top 10 questions our clients have when they move to Darwin.
Looking at moving to Darwin? Let our removalists in Darwin help you!
1. Does Darwin have toll roads?
Toll roads can make driving very expensive, so it’s important to know where you might encounter them. In Darwin you will find that there aren’t any toll roads at all. This makes it simpler and more affordable to be able to drive around the city.
2. What if my new Darwin home isn’t ready to move into yet?
When you move to Darwin, your new home might not be ready to move into just yet. Your removalists in Darwin will be able to help you find storage solutions to suit your needs.
- WridgWays has secure storage facilities all over Australia.
- We also offer a range of storage options to suit your budget.
Our movers in Darwin will be able to store you belongings until you’re ready to move in.
3. What’s the best time of year to move to Darwin?
Darwin has a very warm, tropical climate. This means for half the year, the weather is mild and dry, and for the other half, it is hot and wet.
- The best time to move to Darwin is during the dry season, as there is less risk of cyclones and storms during this time.
- During summer you are likely to experience storms on a regular basis.
Storms could affect how long your move takes. Although you can’t always control when you move, if you can avoid moving in summer, then you should.
4. Do I need to be present when the removalists are in my home?
While the removalists are in your home, you or a representative over the age of 18 must be present at all times. This is for your safety and security, and the safety of your removalists.
It is also good to be there when the your Darwin removalists are delivering your goods so you can direct them to where you want everything to go. This will help make your move run smoothly from start to finish.
5. What’s the easiest way to get to the Darwin airport?
You will find the Darwin airport at the centre of Darwin. It is very easy to access and is conveniently located close to everything in the city.
- There are no trains to and from the airport, but it is easy to access by driving, taxi, or rideshare.
- There are also bus services that will get to and from the airport if you don’t have a car.
6. How are you going to transport my belongings?
WridgWays’ removalists in Darwin use a variety of transportation methods to move your belongings. It mostly depends on where you are going. Most of our moves are completed with shipping containers which can be transported by train, road, or sea. Our expert removalist team will determine the best method to suit your move.
7. Where is your depot based in Darwin?
Our depot in Darwin is based in Pinelands. This is a short distance from the city and will take you around 20 minutes to drive to. It is close to Palmerston as well. If you need to drop off used boxes, put some items into storage, or need any help from your movers Darwin, you’ll be able to get help at our depot.
8. How long will my move take?
The length of time it takes to move your goods to Darwin will depend on where you’ve moving from. The further away you are, the longer your move will take. Our movers in Darwin always strive to ensure your belongings arrive as quickly as possible, while also keeping them safe. We will use the most efficient and economical form of transport to move your belongings to your new home.
9. Are WridgWays accredited and insured?
At WridgWays we only employ removalists in Darwin who are accredited with the Australian Furniture Removers Association (AFRA).
- Not all removalists are accredited with the AFRA, but we ensure that all of our staff are.
- This means they have the necessary training, equipment, vehicles, and premises to carry out your move.
Our movers in Darwin will be able to look after your belongings and transport them safely to your new home.
10. How can I find out how my move is progressing?
Throughout your move you will be able to contact your Move Manager at any point, and they will keep you updated on how your move is progressing. You can call them with any questions or queries you have. If you really get stuck, you can also contact WridgWays Darwin office in Pinelands.
Need help moving to Darwin? Get in touch with our movers in Darwin today!