5 Tips for Furnishing your New Home!
Making a new home your very own is often the first and most daunting task faced when moving house. Whether your residence is a large four bedroom with multiple living areas or a small apartment in the city, it’s important to take the time to create a living space that is perfect for you. You’ll be surprised how much you’ll love to come home to a house tailored perfectly to your own style and taste.
We have listed five tips below for you to consider when figuring out what to take with you to your new or renovated home:
- Organise what you do and don’t need – do you really need that urn from Nanna that doesn’t match the decorand that you’re too scared to touch in fear of breaking? Do you really need two sets of couches and TV cabinets now that you’re moving in together, or will it be more practical to store one of them? Asking yourself these sorts of questions will give you a much clearer idea of what will and won’t be coming across to your new home in the moving truck.
- Get rid of the things you don’t need – Sell or give to charity the items that can still be used. This is a great way to lessen the load! If still in good condition and worth selling, go for it! Or of course give to charity and help those in need. For items well passed their use-by date there’s always the trusty rubbish bin.
- Store what you don’t want right now – During the styling stage, you might wish to move your current furniture into storage, especially if you’re renovating the house you’re currently living in, moving overseas, or if you’re moving into a temporary residence while building on a new property. Wridgways offers secure storage solutions, for your whole house or just a few items. We offer extra special VIP care for special items and our storage warehouses are easy access nationwide.
- Don’t over-crowd – Starting off with minimal furniture will give your space room to adapt and grow – you may not find that standout feature cabinet or art piece that you’ve been looking for the second you move into your new home, but don’t stress. Planning accordingly what will work in your new home when bringing in old and new furniture is the key to avoiding over-crowding of your rooms.
- Check out second hand stores and markets for furniture and statement pieces – You don’t have to spend a fortune to buy unique pieces for your new home, shopping in second hand stores can provide you with that one-of-a-kind feature that you’ve been looking for without breaking the bank. Alternatively, you can try your hand at making your own statement pieces – whether it’s something as simple as a couple of cushions or even an ottoman, getting creative can save you a lot of money!
WridgWays is an established local, interstate and international removalist with the years of experience necessary for a smooth, easy move. WridgWays has 125 years of experience moving Australian families.
Our team of local, interstate and itnernational removalists are skilled professionals, who provide understanding and care. Our services include packing, unpacking, cleaning, vehicle transport, insurance, and much more! To discuss you next move find your nearest removalist branch here.