Moving to New Zealand from Australia? We make it easy.
WridgWays Moving Services: International Furniture Removal Experts
New Zealand continues to be a popular and exciting destination for many moving families and individuals. Whether you are moving to New Zealand for the magnificent lifestyle, family, and/or career opportunities, WridgWays will ensure you and your precious belongings arrive safe and sound. We move thousands of Australians and New Zealanders to and from New Zealand every year! New Zealand remains one of our busiest international moving locations and having safely moved individuals and families household items around the world since 1892, your move is in our very capable hands.
We’re here to help! Move to New Zealand with complete peace of mind. Enjoy a complete door-to-door service from an experienced and professional international team.
Contact us today or get a FREE quote for your move to New Zealand.
Moving to Australia from New Zealand? Contact our partners, New Zealand Van Lines!
WridgWays Complete Moving Service to New Zealand
Moving to New Zealand or anywhere overseas requires careful planning and preparation. Knowing when to go, what to take, and how to get there can be difficult without the right assistance. That’s where WridgWays come in – contact us before you start making arrangements, you will be pleasantly surprised at how much of the process we can handle. We offer a comprehensive range of professional services to anyone moving overseas to New Zealand.
Take away the hassle and stress of moving by allowing WridgWays to manage all aspects of your international move. From the professional packing to managing the secure transport of your household treasures, as well as insurance, customs and quarantine clearance, and even unpacking your cartons at the other end – we have it all covered! We specialise in transporting not only your personal possessions and vehicles across the Tasman but your much-loved pets too.
We are happy to assist with the numerous other aspects you might face when moving overseas, like as purchasing or renting a home; arranging passports and visas; school search programs for the kids and more.
Prompt and Secure Sea Freight and Air Freight Delivery
Via all the main ports WridgWays provide a complete door-to-door moving service to Christchurch, Auckland, Wellington, in fact anywhere in New Zealand. Offering a range of air freight and sea freight transport options, we tailor each relocation based on your time constraints and individual budget. We have the capacity to handle any size move, from a few items to a large family home; your goods will be safely transported by our accredited removalists.
WridgWays Global Capacity
Part of the Santa Fe Group, spanning Asia, Europe, the Americas and the Middle East, WridgWays is part of a global network with 96 offices in 47 countries. Our accredited international partners in New Zealand are experienced in all aspects of importing personal and household goods and are ready to meet your moving needs.
An Accredited International Moving Company
To further assure you are choosing the right international movers, WridgWays is a fully accredited removalist company. Proudly members of:
- Federation of International Furniture Removals (FIDI),
- Overseas Moving Network International (OMNI),
- International Association of Movers (IAM) and,
- The Australian Furniture Removals Association (AFRA).
This means we not only have years of moving experience, but the necessary equipment, transportation methods, premises and staff training needed to complete a professional international move.
Helpful information about New Zealand:
Currency – New Zealand’s unit of currency is NZ$. Coins have values of 10, 20 and 50 cents, $1 and $2 and notes have values of $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100. Tipping in New Zealand is not obligatory – even in restaurants and bars, however, if you choose to tip for good service or kindness this is at your own discretion.
Weather – The average New Zealand temperature decreases as you travel south. January and February are the warmest months, and July is the coldest time of the year. The average maximum temperature in summer ranges between 20-30ºC and in winter between 10-15ºC.
Geography – Lying in the south-west Pacific, New Zealand consists of two main islands; the North Island and the South Island. The North Island consists of a ‘spine’ of mountain ranges running through the middle, with farmland on both sides. The Massive Southern Alpsps form the backbone of the South Island. To the east of the Southern Alps is the farmland of Otego and Southland, and the Canterbury Plains.
The people of New Zealand – Today there are approximately 4.4 million people living in New Zealand. Approximately 69% are of European descent, 14.6% are indigenous Māori, 9.2% Asian and 6.9% non-Māori Pacific Islanders.
Important Quarantine restrictions – To help protect their countries precious community, economy and environment it is compulsory for anyone moving to New Zealand to declare goods like prescription medicines, food, cigarette lighters, children’s crayons, their toys and more. But don’t stress, WridgWays moving consultants will provide you with the relevant documentation and arrange this for you.
Find more information about New Zealand here.
Santa Fe Connect
IMMIGRATION UPDATE – AUSTRALIA
Significant Investor Visa
On 24 November 2012, Australia introduced a significant investor visa category.
This category is being introduced as a new stream within the existing business innovation and investment (provisional) visa category subclass 188 which was introduced on 1 July 2012 and offers applicants a clear pathway to permanent residence. Apart from satisfying the usual health and character requirements, applicants applying under this category will be required to invest AUD 5,000,000.00 of their own capital into complying investments in Australia for a minimum of four years.
There are a number of benefits for applicants under this new visa category including:
- No upper age limit (applicants of any age can apply)
- No minimum level of English language ability required however all applicants and any dependants over the age of 18 years who are unable to demonstrate functional English language ability will be required to pay a second instalment of the visa application charge which is current $4,200.00 per person
- It is possible to include a spouse and all dependent children in this visa category
- Applicants have control and discretion over how they invest their funds in Australia.
In this regard, complying investments include:
- Commonwealth, State or Territory Government Bonds
- Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) regulated managed funds with a mandate for investing in Australia
- Direct investment into Australian proprietary companies
Applicants may hold investments in each of the above investment options in any proportion and may also change between the complying investments provided they meet specified reinvestment requirements.
To qualify for permanent residence apart from maintaining their investments in Australia, applicants are only required to physically reside in Australia for 161 days over a four year period and this can be extended by two further periods of two years each.
Applicants under this significant investor visa category will require sponsorship by the State Government in the State of Australia where they intend to reside before being eligible to formally lodge an Immigration Application.
Please do not hesitate to contact Ivan Chait (Registered Migration Agent No: 9253612) at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jane Simpson at email@example.com for further information.
Thinking Relocation? Think Santa Fe.
Santa Fe provides the full range of relocation services to support businesses with international interests from diverse industry sectors. Santa Fe is conveniently located in 52 countries with 122 offices globally and offers holistic relocation solutions to support businesses and relocating employees.
Last year, we handled 110,000 relocations globally. Our core services are Immigration, Moving, Relocation, Real Estate and Records Management.
We make it easy.Get Connected With Your Relocation – Download Santa Fe’s Mobile App Today!
Have your entire relocation at your fingertips, like never before. Download the new FREE Santa Fe Relocation Mobile App today!
Santa Fe’s new App is designed for relocating individuals and provides a wealth of information and interactive features to make your relocation easy. Receive instant access to a broad range of useful tools including:
- A fully-customisable move planner
- Currency conversion
- Travel and language tools
- A complete collection of destination guides full of practical information to help you learn about your new location
Get Connected With Your Relocation, Download The Mobile App Today!
So you’ve booked a removalist well in advance, the packing has started and the house will be cleaned and clutter-free all in preparation for the big day! But as moving day approaches mother nature decides to intervene; now you’re just going to have to move in the rain!
While it’s not an ideal situation, our experienced removal team deals with harsh weather constraints on a daily basis. So who else is better equipped to guide you through tips for moving in the rain than WridgWays? Follow these tips to make in the rain moving as painless as possible:
- Ensure that you and your family/friends moving safely:
Everything will be more slippery than normal so remember to wear sturdy boots with a heavy tread. Consider wearing gloves to give you that extra grip if you are planning on moving furniture and boxes around on the day.
- Use the right removal boxes
Protecting your precious belongings is of course a priority, especially on a rainy day. Be careful what kind of boxes you use to pack and move your belongings. Boxes collected from supermarkets and fruit stores might lose their structure and ability to protect your items when they get wet. Choosing purpose built removal cartons will ensure durability on the day and added protection for the items inside. If you will be moving some of the boxes yourself make sure to hold the boxes from the bottom for support, and keep them under shelter as much as possible.
- Engage in the services of a professional removalist:
Your experienced removalists will be there on the rainy day to assist with all of the heavy lifting! We have been moving in the rain for over 120 years, so there’s no one better placed to handle your move with efficiency and care. Our experience, combined with our specialised packing materials, will provide the best possible protection to your precious belongings on a rainy day. Leave the hard work to us! (more…)How To Reduce Removal Costs
Don’t get hit with unwanted moving costs
Would like to know how much removals cost? Moving house is not only demanding, but it is costly too. An excellent way to move home for a lesser amount of money is to learn how to reduce moving costs. We are providing tips on how to reduce those unwanted removal costs. We are making sure that you move does not affect your resources too much. Below is a look:-
WridgWays Removalists is an established local, interstate and international removalist with the years of experience necessary for a smooth, easy move. WridgWays Removalists has 125 years of experience moving Australian families.
Our team of local, interstate and itnernational removalists are skilled professionals, who provide understanding and care. Our services include packing, unpacking, cleaning, vehicle transport, insurance, and much more! To discuss you next move find your nearest removalist branch here.5 Ways to Save Money On Your Removal!
Moving house can be a costly exercise, with so much involved relocating your precious belongings to a new residence, and the other associated moving costs. It is easy to become overwhelmed by the long list of things to do prior to moving day, even if it’s just to the next suburb. But with a little preparation and a few tips, you can save hundreds or even thousands of dollars. So take time to consider these 5 easy steps to make moving house as cost effective and easy as possible:
- De-clutter – Everyone has furniture and other items in their home they no longer use. Moving house is the perfect time to get organised and de-clutter your home. Sell and dispose of any unwanted items to arrive at your new abode feeling tidy, organised and stress-free. If you haven’t used an appliance, piece of furniture or an old picture frame in the last 12 months, there is a very good chance you won’t use it again. Save yourself the hassle and added price of moving it with you to your new home, just sell or dispose of it. Both packing and unpacking will be made much faster and easier as a result too.
- Don’t go with the cheapest removalists – If you find one moving company provides a significantly lower price than others, there is probably a very good reason for this. Ensure you check their reputation and what is really included in the costs. Are they an accredited removal company? Are there any other additional costs? There is a good chance you will find hidden costs that will end up making your move a lot more than was initially quoted, such as paying to use protective covers or paying by the hour to suddenly realise the crew are moving very slowly! Accredited removalists will follow a strict Code of Conduct in all aspects of your move. This includes best practices for wrapping, packing and transporting of your precious possessions. Using a professional, accredited removal company will ensure that your precious furniture and valued possessions are in caring and capable hands, saving you a lot of money in the long-run. Ask for a fixed-price removal quote so you are not hit with unexpected extras on moving day.
- Insure your move – Most people insure their goods when they are safely sitting in their home doing nothing, but ask why they require insurance when their precious belongings are being handled, wrapped, moved and transported across the town, country or even the world! Did you know that professional removalists rarely damage goods when moving but almost 90% of accidents and damage are out of their control such as: road collision, train derailment, fire, flood, acts of God and more!! Insurance is for your peace of mind and a small investment in the scheme of a relocation. Ask your removalists consultant for a copy of the insurance Product Disclosure Statement to ascertain what is best for you.
A photograph is the first impression a potential buyer has of your house, influencing their decision to view it, or continue hunting through the list of potential properties. A will engage more potential buyers than showcase your home for best impact.
Tips for Perfect Real Estate Photography:
- Reduce the clutter – This is probably the most important factor, an organised house tells buyers you take care for your home and makes any room look bigger. Ensure your rubbish, washing, dirty dishes or any hanging wires are kept out of view before taking the shot. Remove any items that appear to clutter or cause spaces to look cramped. Get rid of magnets and other items hanging off the fridge. Remove dish liquids, tea towels, soaps and plugs. Place garbage bins, brooms and mops and cleaning products out of sight. De-cluttering each room as well as a thorough clean will make the world of difference; a bigger and brighter home will be on display to potential buyers.
- Outside – For a great first impression, remove cars from the driveway and do not to park at the front of the house. Move garbage bins away, out of sight from the street. Remove garden tools, hoses and sprinklers. Mow and rake the yard. Finally give your driveway and sidewalk a good sweep.
- Add some variety – People love seeing a range of interior and exterior shots, so be sure to include a collection of both. Remember to showcase the story points and its best features.
- The lighting – This might sounds obvious, but make sure the photos are good quality with the help of good lighting. Ensure your house is well lit with either natural or interior lighting. A photo of your property late in the evening with interior lights on can also look stunning.
- Get help from professional – Consider the benefits of using a professional photographer on an occasion like this. A professional photographer will ensure your property looks its best in order to achieve the best possible result; a sold home at the specified asking price!
“Professional photos are just as important as advertising the property’s address, quality first class tenants would be lost without them.” Tim Ash, Director TTS Real Estate.
WridgWays Removalists is an established local, interstate and international removalist with the years of experience necessary for a smooth, easy move. WridgWays Removalists has 125 years of experience moving Australian families.
Our team of local, interstate and itnernational removalists are skilled professionals, who provide understanding and care. Our services include packing, unpacking, cleaning, vehicle transport, insurance, and much more! To discuss you next move find your nearest removalist branch here.Buying a Home Overseas – 5 Points to Consider
You might be buying a home overseas to live in, as an investment, or even as a holiday home. Whatever the reason, there are certainly a few key points you will need to consider prior to this commitment, aside from style of course! Spend time to consider these 5 points:
- Firstly, you will need to know what you intend to do with the house you’re purchasing. This will help determine where you choose to buy, the type of property and how much you’re willing to spend. For example, if looking to buy a home to live in yourself, you will most likely be led by your emotional responses to the area and look of the home, more so than the price. Having a firm idea of why you want the property and what you want to get from it in the long term will make it easier to narrow your search.
- Before you start looking at individual properties, make sure you are 100 percent sure about the country and region you’re looking at. Whether you’re intending to live in the property or not, it’s always better to have visited the area beforehand. If possible, spend time researching and speaking to locals or other foreigners who live in region. Check out local town halls, restaurants, sports facilities etc. Always look into the property market in the area your considering. Is the value of housing going up or down and are there any factors which could significantly alter the value of your property over time?
- When purchasing a property, it isn’t uncommon to experience delays and unexpected additional costs. Therefore, knowing exactly how you’re going to be funding your purchase is important. Before you make any firm decisions, determine a realistic budget. Factor in all costs; this includes things like getting the utilities connected and the furnishing / decorating for your property. In the event of an emergency, it is always handy to have back-up funds for a flight home. Having an idea of the average cost of a flight just in case will help you set aside funds for this.
Hundreds of thousands of people move house all around the world, every day. But why do we move house so regularly? The major moving group are the young and adventurous 18-35 year olds, with the mid-20s Y-Gen market occupying the highest concentration. Once we reach our 50s, we move less, and retirees and people over 70 only represent less than 2% of the global moving population.
The average person or family moves home every 6 years. For a small minority of people, they live in the same home most of their lives and have experienced very few moves, then others; like defence force personnel and their families, move on average every 1-3 years! (more…)The 3 common moving mistakes and how to avoid them!
Mistake #1 – Leaving moving tasks until the last minute
Unless you are a seasoned mover, it is not uncommon to underestimate tasks that need to be done before the moving day, such as packing, planning, etc. The trick is to start early! Download our Moving Checklist and start checking off all the things you will need to get done. Try and start working through your to do list at least one month prior to moving day. Remember to dismantle or disassemble such items as trampolines, BBQ’s, swing sets etc well ahead of time. If you don’t wish to perform these tasks yourself, ask your removalist to provide a quote to have this done for you.
Preparing well-ahead of time for your removal will not only save you time but will also save your sanity and keep your stress levels to a minimum. A well-planned move will allow you to feel in control and enable you to remain calm and efficient leading up to and on your moving day. A good removalist company will guide you and support you during the planning stage and take control of your requirements on your scheduled pick-up and delivery days.
Mistake #2 – Using non-removal moving boxes
WridgWays has spent many years refining and perfecting our range of professional removal boxes and they are specifically designed for moving household goods. The carton range includes purpose-built boxes including; teachest size cartons that are ideal when packing kitchen plastics, toys, bedding and general goods. Book cartons, as the name suggests, are designed to hold books and are deliberately smaller to ensure minimum weight and perfectly shaped for this purpose. We have a further 10 carton styles in our range including Plasma TV cartons, Portable wardrobes, utility cartons and more to accommodate every household item you can imagine. If we feel a special or delicate item requires further protection, we will even build a wooden crate exclusively for this piece.
If packing non-fragile items remember to allow plenty of time for this task and remember to label every box with a brief content description and which room you wish the box to be placed upon delivery. This will save time for you and your removal team. Importantly when moving overseas, never use supermarket cartons that have been used for food stuffs as this may cause delays through Quarantine or Customs plus they are just not a good choice as above-outlined.
Mistake #3 – Using a non-accredited removal company
When it comes to moving your precious belongings and household furniture, securing the cheapest quote will not provide you with the premium service you need and deserve. Professional removalists such as WridgWays, spend time and money ensuring their removalists are trained and efficient on every removal, year in, year out. WridgWays proudly holds accreditation to and membership of numerous professional organisations such as AFRA (Australian Furniture Removals Assoc), FIDI, Australian and International Standards, Environmental accreditations and many more. Our high standards and professional accreditations are your assurance of a premium removal service from start to finish. Don’t compromise a stress-free professional move for the sake of a few dollars by using a cheap, unreliable moving van or company. It is simply not worth the risk and may leave you with out-of-pocket expenses if your goods are damaged or items are lost.
Ask you removal company if they hold accreditations and professional memberships, be sure they are reliable, and their staff members are professionally trained.