Important information when preparing your BBQ for transport
WridgWays has been safely moving every type of household and furniture item since 1892. However, there are some items that require a little pre-move preparation, such as your trolley BBQ, in order to ensure the best move possible.
In order to assist you prepare your BBQ for transportation we suggest the following preparation steps, this also provides a great opportunity to clean your BBQ in readiness for use upon arrival at your new home.
1. Disconnect the gas cylinder
2. Gas cylinders cannot be transported unless it is completely gas free and empty and acertificate has been issued from a Gas Cylinder Test Station, stating it is empty
3. Disassemble ‘removable components’ starting with the removal of the hood, thenburners, grills, hotplate, side and drip trays and heat deflectors / heat rocks
4. Discard oily sand and other contents from the drip tray
5. If the plates and grill are dirty or fatty, clean with soapy water and leave to dry
6. Never use harsh cleaners on stainless steel instead use a soft cloth and soda water asthis will not scratch surfaces
7. Line a suitable carton with plastic and pack components
8. Clearly mark carton with your name and label with the word ‘BBQ’
9. WridgWays can supply a carton on moving day if required
10. Remember the first time you use your BBQ at your new home, turn all burners tohigh for 5-10 minutes, let the cast iron and rocks become very hot then turn the BBQ to low before wiping with oil before cooking. Enjoy!
For further information in relation to preparing your BBQ or any other information please do not hesitate to contact your nearest WridgWays removalists branch.Pick Up Day
Pick Up Day
On pick-up day, we will accurately list each item of furniture and cartons, with details of the contents and, condition of the furniture onto our inventory and condition report.
Your furniture will be professionally wrapped to ensure maximum protection during transportation and be carefully packed into an overseas shipping container, either at your home or at our shipping warehouse. A numbered security seal is placed on the container prior to shipment to your overseas destination for added security and comfort.
Our labelling system makes it easier for you to find the items you need quickly when you arrive at your destination. If any items are being stored, the label also makes it easier to identify and access individual items in the storage facility.
Moving House Furniture
Moving House Furniture
Imagine moving your furniture into your new home without the stresses or strains typically associated with moving house. Well, with our help you can. We have many, many years of home moving experience in every one of our branches across the country, so hassle-free service is never far away. Whether you want to move your furniture across the street or across the world, our professional removalists can help you get from A to B smoothly and safely.
Want a fuss-free furniture moving experience? We have an extensive range of products and services to help you move home, with pre-move planning to suit your unique needs, and the expertise to handle the lot. No matter what kind of home furniture you want to move, we have the services and skills to help. Our low loss and damage ratio gives you peace of mind that you’re dealing with one of Australia’s most trusted removalists, so you and your furniture can benefit from our commitment to safety, wherever you are.
With branches and secure storage facilities located nationwide, we are never far away. So whether you’re moving to a new home in the next suburb or city, relocating within Australia or overseas, shifting a single carton or complete household, need short or long term storage services, Wridgways is here to assist. If you are planning your move and just need to know that your furniture is in experienced hands, Wridgways knowledgeable team can help.Furniture Protection
Protecting your furniture and larger items during your removal.
Your professional Wridgways Removal team will arrive at your home, fully equipped with specialised packing and wrapping material ready to go to work. They will wrap and protect your furniture and larger household items in preparation for efficient and safe transportation to your new home.
Like Wridgways, most professional, accredited removal companies include furniture and large item wrapping as part of their removal service. Professional blanket or export wrapping (determined by your destination) is used by your expert removalist team to ensure maximum protection to all surfaces during transportation, and also to provide a soft buffer between items ensuring your goods remain tight and secure during movement.
Furniture Protection – Specialised, firm-fit plastic covers are used to carefully cover your mattresses, lounge-suites, and other fabric furniture items. If you’re worried about your leather items, we have that covered too. Your removalist crew will use protective blankets or export wrapping material to reduce the likelihood of sweating, and increase breathability during transportation.
Export Wrapping – Our specialised, environmentally-friendly export wrapping materials are purpose-designed for long-distance, international moves. Your accredited international removalists are highly trained to utilise the most appropriate materials and packing methods. A variety of quality wrapping materials are used, including bubble wrap and blankets, protecting your appliances, electronics, furniture, beds and sofas for long distance moving.
Dismantling – On the day of your move our highly trained Wridgways removalists will arrive with their tool kit, in order to correctly dismantle larger furniture items such as beds and tables. We do ask that other large items such as cubby houses, trampolines etc., are disassembled by yourself or a handyman prior to the arrival of your removalist team.
Assembly – Upon arrival at your new home, your caring removal team will assemble your basic, larger furniture items such as beds and tables, placing these items in the elected room.
Custom Crating – When we identify items that require a higher level of specialised care such as antiques, unusually shaped and delicate items, marble table-tops, mirrors, artwork and other particularly fragile items, we may recommend and commission the construction of a made-to-measure crate. Simply inform your friendly Wridgways moving consultant and they will organise this for you.
For further information please FREECALL 1800 225 916 and speak to a friendly Wridgways moving consultant today.
Santa Fe Connect
We provide removalist services for Geelong for your home and office
Get a free quote for our service for Furniture Removalists Geelong in just a few minutes.
With 125 Years of Experience – WridgWays is a trusted choice for your next move.
You’ve come to the right place if you’re moving either locally, interstate or overseas. No move is too small or too big for our Furniture Removalists Geelong team. With WridgWays we give you the peace of mind and remove all the stress out of one the biggest days of your year, moving home. We deal with it everyday so we understand that it can be a period of anxiety but our team is hear to help you move and that why we’re committed to providing a five-star Melbourne removalist service from the moment you start packing until the day you’ve settled into your new home or company office.
We also have a range of moving services that will help your next move run smoothly as possible. The services that we also provide are:
We have a wide presence of branches around Australia so if you need to make of some storage facilities in your moving transition, we can also help you out there.
We have successfully moves millions of Australians over our long 125 history of servicing this country and have won many aways. We’ve won many awards over the years for the outstanding service we have provided to the people of Melbourne and have earned our reputation as the most trusted Removalists in Melbourne by providing great service to our customers.
Interstate removalist services
Santa Fe Connect
Why choose Wridgways?
- Our large network of storage facilities spans across Australia, so no matter where you’re moving, we can provide you with a short or long-term storage solution for Furniture Removalists Geelong
- We can coordinate and streamline a diverse range of interstate removalist services to ensure all your moving needs are met, not just packing and unpacking
- Since 1892 we’ve been helping Australians with interstate removals. With over a century of moving experience, we know what it takes to successfully organise a big move from start to finish
Get a free quote today
Getting a free quote for our moving services is as easy as answering a few simple questions. Try it out today and see for yourself.
Are you dreaming of your new life in a leafy green suburb? Maybe you’re moving to the ocean or taking on the big smoke.
Moving house provides the perfect opportunity to do that spring clean that you tell yourself you are going to do year after year.
Read more and keep up to date with the latest moving news from around Australia.
Start your interstate moving journey today
Ready to start your moving journey with Wridgways? Download our moving documents designed to help you start planning your move.
Plan your next move with a Wridgways moving checklist
can make your move to or from Geelong, not only smooth, but an enjoyable experience.Moving House in the Rain? Make it easy with Tips from Santa Fe Wridgways!
So you’ve booked a removalist well in advance, the packing has started and the house will be cleaned and clutter-free all in preparation for the big day! But as moving day approaches mother nature decides to intervene; now you’re just going to have to move in the rain!
While it’s not an ideal situation, our experienced removal team deals with harsh weather constraints on a daily basis. So who else is better equipped to guide you through tips for moving in the rain than WridgWays? Follow these tips to make in the rain moving as painless as possible:
- Ensure that you and your family/friends moving safely:
Everything will be more slippery than normal so remember to wear sturdy boots with a heavy tread. Consider wearing gloves to give you that extra grip if you are planning on moving furniture and boxes around on the day.
- Use the right removal boxes
Protecting your precious belongings is of course a priority, especially on a rainy day. Be careful what kind of boxes you use to pack and move your belongings. Boxes collected from supermarkets and fruit stores might lose their structure and ability to protect your items when they get wet. Choosing purpose built removal cartons will ensure durability on the day and added protection for the items inside. If you will be moving some of the boxes yourself make sure to hold the boxes from the bottom for support, and keep them under shelter as much as possible.
- Engage in the services of a professional removalist:
Your experienced removalists will be there on the rainy day to assist with all of the heavy lifting! We have been moving in the rain for over 120 years, so there’s no one better placed to handle your move with efficiency and care. Our experience, combined with our specialised packing materials, will provide the best possible protection to your precious belongings on a rainy day. Leave the hard work to us! (more…)5 Tips for Furnishing your New Home!
Making a new home your very own is often the first and most daunting task faced when moving house. Whether your residence is a large four bedroom with multiple living areas or a small apartment in the city, it’s important to take the time to create a living space that is perfect for you. You’ll be surprised how much you’ll love to come home to a house tailored perfectly to your own style and taste.
We have listed five tips below for you to consider when figuring out what to take with you to your new or renovated home:
- Organise what you do and don’t need – do you really need that urn from Nanna that doesn’t match the decorand that you’re too scared to touch in fear of breaking? Do you really need two sets of couches and TV cabinets now that you’re moving in together, or will it be more practical to store one of them? Asking yourself these sorts of questions will give you a much clearer idea of what will and won’t be coming across to your new home in the moving truck.
- Get rid of the things you don’t need – Sell or give to charity the items that can still be used. This is a great way to lessen the load! If still in good condition and worth selling, go for it! Or of course give to charity and help those in need. For items well passed their use-by date there’s always the trusty rubbish bin.
Don’t get hit with unwanted moving costs
WridgWays is an established local, interstate and international removalist with the years of experience necessary for a smooth, easy move. WridgWays has 125 years of experience moving Australian families.
Our team of local, interstate and itnernational removalists are skilled professionals, who provide understanding and care. Our services include packing, unpacking, cleaning, vehicle transport, insurance, and much more! To discuss you next move find your nearest removalist branch here.4 Easy Steps to Office Relocation
1. Start With the Basics – Ensure you’re very clear about the purpose of your office relocation. This could be a lease break, lease expiry, planned growth etc. This will assist you in defining your needs and planning the appropriate office move for your business. Big decisions that must be agreed upon prior to the actual relocation will form the basis of the planning process, including the details of the existing lease, your notice period and current obligations and liabilities.
2. The Earlier the Better – With so much to do, the earlier you start, the greater the chance of achieving the smooth office move your company needs and expects. We recommend reviewing potential new locations anywhere from nine to 18 months prior to your lease expiration regardless of whether you are considering renewing or relocating. This lead-time is vital in increasing the amount of leverage and competition between the various options, potentially resulting in savings for you too! Don’t begin the moving process without planning a realistic budget. That way you can keep track of costs and ensure you don’t spend any more than needed. WridgWays offers professional relocation planning assistance, working within ant sized budget! A moving office checklist outlining any tasks to undertake won’t go astray. Your WridgWays office movers can again provide this to you. (more…)