House Cleaning Service
If you’re looking for a faster, easier way to feel relaxed and organised in your new home, our pre-move and moving-in cleaning service is the perfect solution. Our dedicated team of cleaners will provide a comprehensive house cleaning service in your house or apartment, leaving you to get on with the more important things, like settling in.
- Dusting walls and ceilings
- Dusting and cleaning light fittings
- Cleaning your wardrobes and cabinets
- Washing and cleaning the interior and exterior of your kitchen
- Thoroughly washing sinks and taps
- Sweeping and cleaning hard and resilient floors
- Thoroughly vacuuming and cleaning carpet areas
- Skirting boards and window sill cleaning
- Rubbish removal
Additional cleaning duties are also available and include carpet steam cleaning, window cleaning, scotch guard treatment and hiring of skips.
For more information on our expert cleaning services contact us now and speak with a friendly WridgWays moving consultant.Services (old)
Committed to delivering Five Star Service
Whether you are moving home locally, interstate or across the globe, Wridgways have you covered with our team of expert removalists who are ready to make your next move a great experience.
With 20 branches across Australia and a comprehensive network comprising friendly and professional move consultants, a sizeable fleet of vehicles, and our safe and secure storage facilities, no matter where you are in Australia we make moving easy for you.
Having merged with the global Santa Fe Group, the Wridgways of old has transformed into a truly global company with over 125 branches across 56 countries. Our international reach allows us to provide you with the highest levels of service from point of origin, to your destination, and for every step in between.
Wridgways is committed to delivering Five Star Service, with each and every member of our team passionate about making your move experience one to remember so that you can settle happily into your new home.
To read more about the premium services that we offer our customers including packing and unpacking, cleaning, pet transport, storage, vehicle transport and insurance, please see below.
We have a dedicated team of moving experts who will safely pack everything to give you the peace of mind that your belongings are securely packaged. It doesn’t matter whether your furniture is strangely sized or shaped, we will make sure every item is safely transported to your new home. Providing this service is just one of the many ways that we can make your move easy, and exceed your expectations, every time!
If unpacking and setting up your new home is the last thing you want to do after your move, we can do it for you. While you enjoy settling in, we will transform your new home. With cartons emptied and your furniture in place, our unpacking service makes it quick and easy to start the next chapter of your life.
If you’re looking for a faster, easier way to feel relaxed and organised when moving into your new home, or vacating your old one, our cleaning service is the perfect solution. Our dedicated team of cleaners will vacuum, dust, wash and polish your house or apartment so you can get on with more the important matters of settling in.
Relocating your beloved pet can be a complicated process, with pet importation regulations varying, depending on the country of origin. By allowing WridgWays to coordinate the transport of your pet to anywhere across the globe, we can take the stress out of this process for you with our relocation consultants providing advice and reassurance every step of the way. Information on importing dogs and cats into Australia, including information sheets, quarantine fees, application process, approved countries, and quarantine accommodation is available from the Department of Agriculture.
If you need to safely store your furniture while you give your home a makeover, live abroad, or finish building then our secure storage facilities are the perfect solution. With professional labelling, inventory management, extra care for special items, and easy access nationwide, our storage facilities will give you peace of mind wherever you are.
Whether you’re moving a car, motorbike, boat or any other vehicle, our reliable transport professionals make it easy for you to relocate your prized possession securely and on time from coast to coast or around the globe.
Protecting your furniture and personal belongings from accidental loss or damage is one of the biggest concerns when moving house. For the comfort of knowing your belongings are insured we provide a range of cover options for you to consider at competitive rates. Our team will also advise you on how to determine the sum insured for replacement value.
No matter what your moving needs, at WridgWays we make it easy with practical solutions and professional service to keep your move on track.3 Ways Valet Services Will Make Your Move Stress-Free
The most pain-staking task when moving house is the time and effort that it requires to pack up your household items and have them ready to be moved to your new home. From ensuring that you’ve packed fragile items with materials to minimise damage, to making sure that the box you’ve packed isn’t too heavy, there are numerous factors to consider along the way. This is where a WridgWays valet service can save you time that can be spent doing more enjoyable things like furniture shopping for your new home or getting the family together to decide where everyone wants to explore in your new area.
Here are three ways valet services will make your move far easier:
- Packing – Your dedicated WridgWays valet lady will come to your home and carefully pack all of your precious belongings so that they’re ready to be moved, including the use of specialised protective materials for any fragile items that you may have. They will also ensure that your boxes are of a safe weight for lifting and transportation.
- Cleaning – Your professional valet member can then clean your home completely, so that it is ready for the next family to move in and/or any inspections as arranged by your real estate agent. Upon arrival at your new destination, your valet services team can also give your new home a thorough clean prior to unpacking your furniture and household items, ensuring it’s nice clean and fresh for you to move into.
- Placement & Unpacking – Organising your new home to suit your families’ needs and preferences can be a demanding task. Our valet ladies do this for a living and have extensive experience in ensuring the set-up of your new home is just perfect for your family. From placement of furniture, to the setting up of your bedrooms, office, bathrooms and kitchen in the most efficient manner possible, you can kick back and relax while having someone else do all of the hard work for you.
Packing and unpacking your kitchen is often one of the most dreaded tasks when moving house. After making sure you haven’t left anything behind, then to organise the kitchen upon arrival at your new place, there are many things you can do in between to make the process not only less-stressful, but achieve the most beautifully organised kitchen as possible.
We’ve listed some tips below to make the transition to your new kitchen an easy and gratifying project:
The Clear-Out/Packing Stage:
- Clean out all cupboards and drawers – Start by setting up boxes for things that are either travelling to your new place, being donated to charity or going in the bin; whether that is recycling, compost or general waste. Follow this up by going through your food items, appliances and storage containers – have you used this item in the last 6 months? Are you likely to use it in the next 6 months? If not take it out of the “moving” pile, and put it into the “donate to charity” pile. This should minimise the contents you will be moving to your new home already.
- Wrap crockery and breakables carefully – Bubble wrap is great to utilise if you’ve got some, if not, cardboard dividers in conjunction with towels will do just fine. For extra protection, contact a professional moving company that offer a packing service – they provide all of the packing materials and do the hard (and delicate) work for you. If you are moving with Wridgways and have elected to pack yourself, we will happily provide you with recycled packing cartons and wrapping materials free of charge! After all, we want to make the moving process as easy and safe as possible for you.
Moving house is the perfect time to get organised and declutter, sell and dispose of any unwanted items! Even if you’re moving to a larger home with more space, streamlining will help revitalize your life and provide a fresh start in your new home.
It’s never too early to begin clearing out the clutter and typically, the longer you live somewhere, the more clutter you gather! To make the process less overwhelming, just take your time; begin a month or so in advance and go through your home one room at a time. It may be hard to ask yourself the often excruciating question: “do I really need this?” But rest assured, once all of these difficult decisions are made and extraneous belongings removed; both packing and unpacking will be much faster and easier.
So here’s a room-by-room guide to get you started:
Kitchen – start with your kitchen appliances; seek out old, broken or unused items. If you haven’t used an appliance in the past 12 months, let it go! Next check your plates, pots and pans. If it’s broken, chipped or cracked, throw it out. Finally, go through your cookbooks. When was the last time you used them? Consider getting rid of old ones and any you have never used. Now there’s the kitchen drawers, including cutlery and the bits n bots drawer, go through one at a time and dispose of the items you simply no longer need or use.
Pantry – clear out any out-dated food cans, jars, spices etc. Half empty containers of food and stale snacks can all go too! Remember your removalist can’t pack or move open bottles of liquids so give them to a neighbour or move them yourself.
Dining room – old, unused or damaged dining ware, china and glassware is a good place to start. If you have any stained linen like table clothes or runners, add these to your purged pile. Keep an eye out for any broken or damaged artwork also.
Lounge Room – old ornaments, nick-nacks and damaged items can be quickly discarded. Outdated picture frames and wall hanging features are always welcomed items at your local Op Shop too. The old favourite CD’s and DVD’s can be recoded to your iPod and make ways for new music purchases. When it comes to movies; if you don’t love it, let it go. Try listing them on eBay or adding them to your give-away pile or hold a garage sale before you move. Consider selling unwanted video games and kids electronic hand-held game devices to gaming stores; you may be surprised at how quickly your funds grow from the sale of your unwanted goods. (more…)8 tips to packing for your move
When it comes to packing, being faced with boxing up your entire house with a looming deadline can be a very daunting process! But never fear, we have a few ideas and words of advice to assist keep your stress levels at a minimum:
Hire a Professional if possible – The obvious answer is to hire the carton packing services of a professional removalist company like WridgWays! Our skilled packers can pack the entire contents into cartons in one day! But don’t try this at home, these girls and guys have been professionally trained and pack fragile and non-breakable items into boxes every day and it is what they do better than anybody else. If you can’t afford to pay for a full pack, consider having the professionals pack your fragile items only. This consists of glassware, ornaments, electricals, pictures and anything breakable. Keep in mind that anything you self-pack may not be eligible for insurance cover.
Plan – Regardless of whether you are packing part of all of your belongings, be sure to start as soon as possible. Devise a plan and set dates against each room or area. In your plan include set dates to pack each room and work room-by-room. Start with the drawers and cupboard contents you use least. The key is getting organised early and allowing plenty of time to complete the process. This will help keep your stress levels to a minimum.
Clear out unwanted items – Start getting rid of all the things you don’t intend to take with you to your new home. It’s a great opportunity for a fresh start plus will save you time and energy moving it to the new home. Unwanted items can be donated via a cool website called Ziilch.com or of course sold using EBay or the good old-fashioned garage.