Please consider protecting your furniture and personal belongings from accidental loss or damage. WridgWays makes moving home safer for you. We have a range of insurance solutions to choose from and you’ll enjoy competitive rates.
WridgWays boasts one of the lowest rates of damage and loss of customer possessions in the removals industry. Even with the best processes in place, at times unforeseen circumstances can occur which are beyond our control such as the weather, accidents and vibration. These unexpected events can be guarded against. Just as you need to protect your valuable possessions and property in your home, WridgWays recommends that you arrange insurance cover for your possessions during transit and any storage period. This will ensure peace of mind knowing there is complete protection against loss or damage to your household goods and personal effects.
Insurance for International Moving
Considering insurance when moving overseas can prove to be a little more complicated. You might be considering why you need cover? What sort of insurance you should get? Which companies cover international freight?
WridgWays can help you answer all these questions and more. We offer a range of insurance options at very competitive rates. Our staff will be happy to talk with you about the most appropriate cover for your situation. To help make it easy, we will supply you with a detailed contents list, which you can use to quickly value all the items that are being moved and/or stored. Or even ask your friendly moving consultant for a copy of our ‘Removal and Storage’ Insurance brochure where you will find the finer details outlined.
Committed to delivering Five Star Service
Whether you are moving home locally, interstate or across the globe, Wridgways have you covered with our team of expert removalists who are ready to make your next move a great experience.
With 20 branches across Australia and a comprehensive network comprising friendly and professional move consultants, a sizeable fleet of vehicles, and our safe and secure storage facilities, no matter where you are in Australia we make moving easy for you.
Having merged with the global Santa Fe Group, the Wridgways of old has transformed into a truly global company with over 125 branches across 56 countries. Our international reach allows us to provide you with the highest levels of service from point of origin, to your destination, and for every step in between.
Wridgways is committed to delivering Five Star Service, with each and every member of our team passionate about making your move experience one to remember so that you can settle happily into your new home.
To read more about the premium services that we offer our customers including packing and unpacking, cleaning, pet transport, storage, vehicle transport and insurance, please see below.
We have a dedicated team of moving experts who will safely pack everything to give you the peace of mind that your belongings are securely packaged. It doesn’t matter whether your furniture is strangely sized or shaped, we will make sure every item is safely transported to your new home. Providing this service is just one of the many ways that we can make your move easy, and exceed your expectations, every time!
If unpacking and setting up your new home is the last thing you want to do after your move, we can do it for you. While you enjoy settling in, we will transform your new home. With cartons emptied and your furniture in place, our unpacking service makes it quick and easy to start the next chapter of your life.
If you’re looking for a faster, easier way to feel relaxed and organised when moving into your new home, or vacating your old one, our cleaning service is the perfect solution. Our dedicated team of cleaners will vacuum, dust, wash and polish your house or apartment so you can get on with more the important matters of settling in.
Relocating your beloved pet can be a complicated process, with pet importation regulations varying, depending on the country of origin. By allowing WridgWays to coordinate the transport of your pet to anywhere across the globe, we can take the stress out of this process for you with our relocation consultants providing advice and reassurance every step of the way. Information on importing dogs and cats into Australia, including information sheets, quarantine fees, application process, approved countries, and quarantine accommodation is available from the Department of Agriculture.
If you need to safely store your furniture while you give your home a makeover, live abroad, or finish building then our secure storage facilities are the perfect solution. With professional labelling, inventory management, extra care for special items, and easy access nationwide, our storage facilities will give you peace of mind wherever you are.
Whether you’re moving a car, motorbike, boat or any other vehicle, our reliable transport professionals make it easy for you to relocate your prized possession securely and on time from coast to coast or around the globe.
Protecting your furniture and personal belongings from accidental loss or damage is one of the biggest concerns when moving house. For the comfort of knowing your belongings are insured we provide a range of cover options for you to consider at competitive rates. Our team will also advise you on how to determine the sum insured for replacement value.
No matter what your moving needs, at WridgWays we make it easy with practical solutions and professional service to keep your move on track.Moving From an Apartment to a House? We List 5 Tips to Have You Settling in with Ease!
Moving from an apartment to a house marks an exciting new chapter in life – possibly with kids, a garden and lots of new space to enjoy! However with all of this excitement, the process can also be a little overwhelming.
While a home might require some upgrades, which can be expensive. The good news is there is no reason to fear a move to a house. As long as you’ve factored in some added costs associated with a house, the rest of it is fun and invigorating. Here are some tips to have you settling into your new home with ease:
- Call in the removalists
Imagine moving all the furniture from your apartment into your new home without the stresses or strains typically associated with moving house. Well, with the help of a professional removalist like WridgWays, you can! Accredited removalists generally have many, many years of home moving experience and will be able to complete the move to your house in the minimum of time. They can also offer added help with things like a vacate clean in your apartment, connecting utilities in your new house and a professional valet unpacking service.
- Filling your house with furniture:
The extra space in your new home means you will need new furnishings to fill it. From the moment you know you are moving to a house, start researching ideas for styling so that you can make sure you stick to a theme throughout the house rather than picking up pieces from very different styles as you see them.
Try to these places to pick up great quality cheap or even free furniture items, ready for your new home:
- Buy second hand furniture or try online sites like gumtree.com.au
- Ask friends and family if they have spare items they no longer need and would be happy to give you
- Recover an old sofa to give it a fresh, new look
- Beautify with accessories such as cushions
- Give worn pieces some fresh paint
- Wait for sales like those at the end of financial year or on Boxing Day
- Consider some stores which offer complete packs that are much cheaper than buying individual items
So you’ve booked a removalist well in advance, the packing has started and the house will be cleaned and clutter-free all in preparation for the big day! But as moving day approaches mother nature decides to intervene; now you’re just going to have to move in the rain!
While it’s not an ideal situation, our experienced removal team deals with harsh weather constraints on a daily basis. So who else is better equipped to guide you through tips for moving in the rain than WridgWays? Follow these tips to make in the rain moving as painless as possible:
- Ensure that you and your family/friends moving safely:
Everything will be more slippery than normal so remember to wear sturdy boots with a heavy tread. Consider wearing gloves to give you that extra grip if you are planning on moving furniture and boxes around on the day.
- Use the right removal boxes
Protecting your precious belongings is of course a priority, especially on a rainy day. Be careful what kind of boxes you use to pack and move your belongings. Boxes collected from supermarkets and fruit stores might lose their structure and ability to protect your items when they get wet. Choosing purpose built removal cartons will ensure durability on the day and added protection for the items inside. If you will be moving some of the boxes yourself make sure to hold the boxes from the bottom for support, and keep them under shelter as much as possible.
- Engage in the services of a professional removalist:
Your experienced removalists will be there on the rainy day to assist with all of the heavy lifting! We have been moving in the rain for over 120 years, so there’s no one better placed to handle your move with efficiency and care. Our experience, combined with our specialised packing materials, will provide the best possible protection to your precious belongings on a rainy day. Leave the hard work to us! (more…)5 Ways to Save Money On Your Removal!
Moving house can be a costly exercise, with so much involved relocating your precious belongings to a new residence, and the other associated moving costs. It is easy to become overwhelmed by the long list of things to do prior to moving day, even if it’s just to the next suburb. But with a little preparation and a few tips, you can save hundreds or even thousands of dollars. So take time to consider these 5 easy steps to make moving house as cost effective and easy as possible:
- De-clutter – Everyone has furniture and other items in their home they no longer use. Moving house is the perfect time to get organised and de-clutter your home. Sell and dispose of any unwanted items to arrive at your new abode feeling tidy, organised and stress-free. If you haven’t used an appliance, piece of furniture or an old picture frame in the last 12 months, there is a very good chance you won’t use it again. Save yourself the hassle and added price of moving it with you to your new home, just sell or dispose of it. Both packing and unpacking will be made much faster and easier as a result too.
- Don’t go with the cheapest removalists – If you find one moving company provides a significantly lower price than others, there is probably a very good reason for this. Ensure you check their reputation and what is really included in the costs. Are they an accredited removal company? Are there any other additional costs? There is a good chance you will find hidden costs that will end up making your move a lot more than was initially quoted, such as paying to use protective covers or paying by the hour to suddenly realise the crew are moving very slowly! Accredited removalists will follow a strict Code of Conduct in all aspects of your move. This includes best practices for wrapping, packing and transporting of your precious possessions. Using a professional, accredited removal company will ensure that your precious furniture and valued possessions are in caring and capable hands, saving you a lot of money in the long-run. Ask for a fixed-price removal quote so you are not hit with unexpected extras on moving day.
- Insure your move – Most people insure their goods when they are safely sitting in their home doing nothing, but ask why they require insurance when their precious belongings are being handled, wrapped, moved and transported across the town, country or even the world! Did you know that professional removalists rarely damage goods when moving but almost 90% of accidents and damage are out of their control such as: road collision, train derailment, fire, flood, acts of God and more!! Insurance is for your peace of mind and a small investment in the scheme of a relocation. Ask your removalists consultant for a copy of the insurance Product Disclosure Statement to ascertain what is best for you.
Relocating to Switzerland? Fine art lovers take note; Swiss Customs are getting tougher towards importing paintings, sculptures, statues and any work of art into Switzerland.
If you have decided that you just can’t live without that favourite painting, or sculpture for the lounge-room, it is important that your international removal company is aware that you plan to import art and whether the piece is classified as fine art or not.
In regard to paintings, whether it is considered fine art or not, your moving consultant will need to know the following about each painting:
- The name of the painter
- The title of the painting
- Dimensions of the painting
- Type of used paint used, whether this is oil, water etc.
- Value, with an invoice if possible.
- Pictures for each painting are also required
Swiss customers will also need to know if your art items (paintings, statues etc.) are subject to any export license from your country of residence. Further, a purchasing invoice will need to be presented in most cases.
This will be made easy by your moving company. Relevant documentation will be presented and explained to you by your international moving consultant. For further information speak to a Wridgways moving consultant today on 1800 225 916.
Don’t get caught with hidden costs and dodgy removalists!
Don’t get caught out. Recent media stories highlight the growing number of dodgy removalists in the industry!
The number of untrustworthy removalists popping up is increasing at an alarming pace. Moving house is enough of a testing time in one’s life that you shouldn’t have to worry about hidden costs, if your dining table will arrive scratched and chipped or whether your precious plasma TV will be misplaced by your removalist. But unfortunately, this is a growing concern for many moving. Among the top gripes are complaints about damaged or lost goods, hidden costs and unreasonable charges.
But this certainly isn’t the case with all removalists. Invest in the services of a professional and highly experienced moving company and save yourself this unnecessary stress. Here you won’t find ANY hidden costs and receiving your items damaged is a very rare thing!
Before any final decisions are made, consider the all-important below points in choosing a reputable moving company:
- Hidden Costs – Be aware, there are some removal companies that will try and squeeze every penny out of you. They might neglect to tell you about their added cost to travel from the depot to your home or increase the final price because the move took longer than expected. Ask your removalist about extra charges such as callout fees or costs from the depot. Companies that charge by the hour are generally where you will find this. Choosing a removalist company with the cheapest hourly rate, means they’re more likely to employ poorly-trained removalists. WridgWays will not charge you for callout fees or the cost of travelling to or from the depot. In fact, the one firm quotation you receive will indicate the total conclusive costs of your move. Any reputable moving company will be happy to answer any questions and explain their quote to you in finer detail.
- Qualifications – One of the first questions to ask is whether the company is a registered member of the Australian Furniture Removal Association (AFRA). Members of AFRA are only accredited when they have the necessary equipment, vehicles, premises and staff training needed to complete a professional move. All furniture removalists in the organisation must be fully trained in accordance with AFRA’s stringent training criteria. You will feel at ease using an AFRA accredited company like WridgWays, as rest assured, your removal team will treat your goods with the same care and respect you would give yourself. We recommended using a company that has been in the removals business for decades, to ensure credibility.
- Testimonials – Do some research online. Check out the customer testimonials on your removalist’s websites. This is always a true indication of how successful their moving services really are. Real life insights into past moves will help you make an informed decision about who to go ahead with and who to cut out. (more…)
At WridgWays we encourage all of our clients to take out some kind of moving insurance policy to ensure complete peace of mind throughout the moving process. We treat your possessions with the same care you would, and as such will do our absolute best to warrant that your effects will arrive at their destination in the same condition in which they were collected. However due to factors out of our control, or even accidental damage or loss, we highly recommend insurance and of course, the security that comes with it.
Don’t you have your own cover and isn’t insurance automatically included?
Unfortunately, there are some circumstances where any possessions damaged or lost will not be liable for cover, and it is important to note that no automatic insurance cover is included. Goods damaged or lost due to circumstances out of the hands of Wridgways, such as storm, fire or accident not in our fault will not be accountable. To fill this void, Customer Goods in Transit and Storage Insurance is available as well as a series of covers that can be tailored to your individual needs.
In order to value your goods requiring insurance we recommend using your Household Contents Insurance valuation as an indicator.
Will I be covered for insurance if I pack my own cartons?
Only a restricted policy can be offered should you choose to pack your own cartons. (more…)The Benefits of Using an Accredited Removalist Company
Moving house can often prove to be quite a stressful and emotional experience. The transportation of beloved possessions can often be straining and it is fair to say that nobody cares more for their belongings than the owner.
At WridgWays we wholeheartedly understands these feelings, and of course our customer’s concerns. As a registered member of the Australian Furniture Removal Association, you can experience complete peace of mind in knowing that your WridgWays removalist team will treat your goods with the same care and respect you would give yourself.
AFRA members, like WridgWays, are required to fulfil a strict criteria and Code of Conduct. The staff of AFRA affiliates have been fully trained by their organisation in accordance with AFRA’s stringent training criteria. Rest assured that when using an AFRA accredited company like WridgWays, your removalist team have been fully trained to the highest standard.