How do Wridgways protect my belongings during my removal?
At Wridgways we understand that moving can be a stressful time and we recognise that you want the assurance that your precious furniture and valued possessions are in the caring and capable hands of a professional removals company. So please relax, after-all we have been safely moving household goods and personal belongings for our valued customers for over 120 years. So we are perfectly positioned to ensure the best possible move for you.
As a certified member of The Australian Furniture Removals Association (AFRA http://www.afra.com.au/), Wridgways are required to fulfil a strict criteria and Code of Conduct in all aspects of coordinating your move, including best practices for wrapping, packing and transporting of your goods.
Specialised Packing Cartons
Wridgways have a variety of specialty packing cartons each designed for specific items and uses. When combined with the expertise of our professional packing services, you can be sure that your items are being treated with the utmost care, intended to minimise damage and risk.
- Standard Carton – The Stand Carton is a large general purpose carton often used for packing crockery, linen, glassware, clothing, etc. and is often referred to as a Tea Chest Carton as it is the same as the traditional sized chest. When packing glassware, crockery and other fragile items, our expert packers use strategic methods to minimise movement, maximise protection of every piece, and ultimately provide the perfect packing result.
- Utility Carton – The Utility Carton is a small general purpose carton that can be used for food stuffs, bathroom items, tools, etc. Like the Standard Carton, specialised packing materials and care are used for fragile items.
- Stereo/File Carton – This Stereo/File carton is a multi-use carton. Although specifically designed for electrical items such as CD and DVD players, amplifiers, speakers etc., it can also be used for your office files; lifted straight from your filing cabinet drawers and safely secured inside the carton so your paper work remains in order.
- Travel Trunk – This clever carton is better known as the International Travel Trunk. It was developed for International Relocations as it is the same internal measurements as a standard suitcase so your clothing can be flat packed directly inside the carton for efficient overseas transport!
- Book Carton – As the name suggests this hardy little carton is specifically designed to safely transport your books and files. The carton shape and size allows ‘just the right amount’ of books be packed, ensuring minimal weight and maximum space efficiency.
- Art Park – The Art Park Carton is available in a range of sizes in order to safely and securely accommodate a range of pictures, mirrors, paintings, prints, mirrors and photos.
- Porta Robe – If you don’t like ironing, then this is the carton for you! The Porta Robe is Wridgways very own innovation and design! This smart creative carton allows hanging clothes to be taken straight from the wardrobe, remaining on their hangers, and placed directly into the Porta Robe, therefore minimising folds and creases. Thanks to the Porta Robe your clothing can be easily transported from one wardrobe and instantly hung upon delivery!
- Plasma Carton – The Plasma Carton is yet another Wridgways innovation and design. Available in all sizes, this speciality carton is designed to safely transport your plasma, LCD or flat screen television. Leave the packing of these sensitive items to our professional packing team.
- Custom Crating – When we identify items that require a higher level of specialised care such as antiques, unusually shaped and delicate items, marble table-tops and other particularly fragile items, we may recommend and commission the construction of a made-to-measure crate.
Protecting your furniture and larger items during your removal
Your professional Wridgways Removal team arrive at your home equipped with specialised wrapping materials, ready to wrap and protect every item for efficient, safe transportation.
- Dismantling – On the day of your move our highly trained Wridgways removalists will arrive with their tool kit, in order to correctly dismantle larger items such as beds and tables. Other large items such as cubby houses and trampolines are required to be disassembled by yourself or a handyman prior to the removalists arrival.
- Furniture Protection – To protect your mattresses, lounge-suites, and other fabric furniture our special plastic covers are used for optimum protection. In the case of leather items, a protective blanket or export wrapping material is used to decrease the likelihood of sweating and increase breathability.