How to Move Furniture Interstate
Find the best interstate furniture removalist
If you want to know how to move furniture interstate, you’ve come to the right place! At WridgWays, we understand that moving interstate can be tricky. We want to make your move easy by providing you with tips and tricks to help you move furniture interstate. You’ll be safely moving your furniture in no time.
Find out how WridgWays makes it easy to move furniture interstate. Get a quote for interstate removals today.
Tips for packing safely
If you want to pack your furniture yourself, rather than hiring removalists to do it, you need to make sure you know how to do it safely. You don’t want to injure yourself or end up with broken furniture. Before you begin packing, make a list of everything that needs to be moved so it’s easy to keep all your furniture organised.
Here are some handy tips for packing safely:
- Take apart any items that can be disassembled and keep them labelled so you know how they go back together
- Stack the furniture smartly, distributing the load evenly
- Tie everything in using rope to ensure your belongings are secure
- Make sure you have the proper packing equipment required
- Be gentle with fragile items as you don’t want them to break
Better yet, get professionals to do all this for you so you know it’s done safely and correctly.
How to transport your furniture
Once you’re ready to move, it’s best to contact a professional moving company to help get your move started. They’ll be able to tell you the best way to get all your furniture to your new home in one piece. Plus, they’ll be able to give you expert advice on moving in general, and can provide a range of services to make your move easier.
What you need to do to prepare to move furniture interstate:
- Get an accurate quote from your moving company.
- Work out if you want to pack yourself or have professionals do it.
- Find the best packing materials to keep your furniture safe.
- Ensure you pack all items securely with padding on fragile furniture.
- Decide on the best transport method for your move.
- If you want extra protection for your furniture, consider getting moving insurance.
Choosing the best transport method
There are many different transportation methods available when moving furniture interstate. You can use trucks, trains, planes, trailers, or load up your car and drive with that. It can be hard to work out which method is best though. You need to consider how far you’re moving, what you’re moving, and how much money you want to spend on your move.
The different transportation options:
- Moving by air is the most expensive option, but is also the fastest and most efficient.
- Moving by road means your belongings will not need to be loaded and unloaded several times, as they can stay in the same truck or van the entire time.
- Moving by train is the most environmentally friendly option and can be a good choice when moving large pieces of furniture that won’t fit in a truck or plane.
- Moving by car yourself may be more affordable depending on how far you travel, but it also may be more exhausting and stressful.
Mistakes most people make
Believe it or not, many of the DIY moving methods are not as cheap as you may first think. People often make the mistake of assuming it will be cheaper to hire a truck and move furniture themselves. While this can be cheaper, it isn’t always.
Moving furniture interstate yourself means taking time off work, paying for fuel, finding places to stay, and more. Moving furniture yourself also means that it isn’t insured, so you won’t be covered for any damage. To get insurance, your furniture needs to be packed by an accredited professional.
It is much easier, and safer, to hire an interstate furniture removalist to do it all for you.
How to avoid these mistakes:
- Choose professional interstate removalists who can help you with your move.
- Select a moving company based on the quality of service, not the price.
- Find the best transportation method for your needs rather than the cheapest option.
- Do your research on transportation options and moving companies before you move.
- Get an accurate quote so you can budget for everything.
- Plan in advance to avoid costly last minute expenses.
Safely getting your furniture to your new destination isn’t always easy. It’s important to prepare if you want everything to go well. Finding a moving company who can do it all for you will make it easy!
With WridgWays, you can rest assured that your move will be in safe hands. Let us help you with your interstate move today.
Want to make sure you have the best interstate furniture removalist for your move? Get your move started with WridgWays today!