Immigration Update: Indonesia
11th November, 2016
New Decision on Immigration Management in Indonesia
The Indonesian Government recently released a new decision regarding immigration management in Indonesia. The key information released to date are based on the decision from Director General Immigration Number: IMI-1933.PR.07.0 :-
- Immigration management must be carried out for foreign nationals based on First In First Out queuing method.
- Immigration management for foreign nationals must be handled by the company sponsor.
- Operating licenses and the administrators of immigration services holding the ID card released by the Ministry of Law and Human Rights Regional Office or Head Division of Immigration is no longer valid. Hence, no 3rd party representation is allowed for immigration applications of foreign employees.
- Effective 14 November 2016, immigration applications must be submitted directly by the company sponsor.
- There is no change of the immigration application process. The key difference is that 3rd party representation is not allowed.
Impact and Recommendation
- Person in-charge from the sponsor company will need to be present during the submission of immigration applications.
- 3rd party immigration agencies are able to provide immigration consultation and advise but unable to represent the foreign applicants to file the immigration applications on behalf.
Santa Fe Indonesia will be able to continue providing advice and preparing all the relevant application paperwork package on your behalf. The sponsor company will just have to manage the submission, collection and any form of liaison with the Immigration Authorities.
Santa Fe Indonesia will be following up closely on the development of this new decision by the Immigration Authorities which have been put up for contention and also appeal by various parties to be reversed. We will await and communicate on any decisions made.
Should you have any questions, please contact any of the following:
Group Immigration Manager – Asia
Santa Fe Group Relocation Services
Tel: +603 7805 4322
Operations Manager Immigration Services – Asia
Santa Fe Group Relocation Services
Tel: +86 21 6233 9700 ext. 232
Muhammad Zaki Mubarak
Immigration Services Manager – Indonesia
Santa Fe Relocation Services
Tel: (+6221) 2961 2990
Australian Immigration Contact Details
Immigration Services General Manager
Registered Migration Agent No. 9253612
Tel : +61 2 9262 4477
Thinking Relocation? Think Santa Fe.
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.
Santa Fe Relocation Services is a global mobility company specialising in managing and delivering high-quality relocation services worldwide. Our core competence is providing services that help corporations and their employees relocate and settle in a new country, assisting them with immigration, home and school searches, language and cultural training, property rentals, and domestic and international household goods shipments. We provide these services to a consistently high standard, locally and globally. A key strength is our ability to manage these services through our own operations around the world. Santa Fe Relocation Services is wholly owned by the Santa Fe Group, which is listed on NASDAQ in Copenhagen, Denmark. For more information, visit us at www.santaferelo.com
To read more immigration updates, click here
We make it easy.