Immigration Update: Thailand
Change in Thai Visa Application
22 Feb 2017
Effective 1 April 2017 –
- Traditional Walk-In Visa Application is only valid until 31 March 2017
- Electronic Visa Application (EVA) will be effective from 1 April 2017 onwards
From 1 February 2017, the Royal Thai Embassy, Singapore will introduce Electronic Visa Application (EVA), where visa applicants will be able to fill out application forms, submit and check application status online. This is applicable to applicants who need visa to Thailand for travel, business or work.
Please find the online application details below :-
- Electronic Visa application allows applicants to apply for visa by logging into the website http://www.thaiembassy.sg/visaonline/ via personal computer, tablet or mobile phone. Applicants are encouraged to use electronic visa application. Until 1 April 2017, applicants can still apply for visa via traditional walk-in process. The Embassy is preparing a computer and a scanner for applicants who wish to apply for visa via walk-in.
- The applicant will have to register as a new user with an email address to enable him or her to have an account with this visa online platform. This account can be created only once by each individual. Travel agencies can also have a single account and use it to apply for visa for their customers.
- In order to create the first time account, applicant has to generate a password, which will assist him or her to always log in as a prevention measure to prevent the invasion of personal accounts or personal information. The applicant would then be required to complete the online application form and submit required documents online.
- After the online application is completed, the applicant will be able to check his or her application status. Once the status indicated “Reviewed”, the applicants will need to bring the completed and duly signed physical copy of the visa application form together with his or her passport, to be submitted at the Royal Thai Embassy. Most applicants require to present 1 Visa Application Form and 1 photograph, except nationalities of certain countries.
- The applicant is also requested to submit the application in person. Once the applicant submits all required documents along with the visa payment, and approved by the authority, the visa can be obtained in the afternoon of the next business day (from 14.00 -15.00 hrs). You may check status of your application online.
- For walk-in applicants, it will take 2-3 business days from the date of submission of visa at the Embassy.
Introduction of Electronic Visa Application will ease the Thai Visa application process and enhance efficiency.
Please find the difference between Traditional Walk-In and Electronic Visa Application process below: –
|Electronic Visa Application||Traditional Walk-In|
|Duration||1 – 2 Business Days||3 – 5 Business Days|
|Waiting Time at the Embassy||10 Minutes||30 – 45 Minutes|
|Track Application Status||Online||Phone call/Email|
|Photo||Electronic Photo||Print out Photo|
Should you have any further enquiries, please feel free to contact us at:
General Manager, Immigration Services
Registered Migration Agent No. 9253612
T: + 61 2 9262 4477
National Immigration Service Delivery Manager
Registered Migration Agent No. 1066328
T: + 61 2 9262 4477
Thinking Relocation? Think Santa Fe.
About our Immigration Services
Our immigration services manage thousands of visa applications every year for a multitude of international companies. Our experienced immigration experts and migration agents handle the immigration process for you and provide simple reporting and guidance on immigration matters.
Santa Fe Relocation Services is a global mobility company specialising in managing and delivering high-quality relocation services worldwide. Our core competence is providing services that help corporations and their employees relocate and settle in a new country, assisting them with immigration, home and school searches, language and cultural training, property rentals, and domestic and international household goods shipments. We provide these services to a consistently high standard, locally and globally. A key strength is our ability to manage these services through our own operations around the world. Santa Fe Relocation Services is wholly owned by the Santa Fe Group, which is listed on NASDAQ in Copenhagen, Denmark. For more information, visit us at www.santaferelo.com
To read more immigration updates, click here
We make it easy.