If you are lucky enough to move to Tauranga, expect a laid-back lifestyle on the water. Once you're settled, get out and explore all Tauranga has to offer. One thing you won't be short on is top quality places to eat - locals and visitors are spoiled for choice.
At WridgWays, a move from Australia to Tauranga need not be hard. Our certified international removalists will make your move stress-free. We can look after everything from packing, to pet transport and even assist in obtaining correct visas.
- Where: Old Yacht Club Building, 150 The Strand, Tauranga
- Price: $$$
Set in the Old Yacht Club Building, Harbourside offers sensational modern food with the beautiful Tauranga harbour as your backdrop. A family run restaurant, Peter and Anita Ward host, while their son Cameron runs the kitchen. This family really pulls out all stops to make you feel welcome. Serving modern fine dining dishes, there is a focus on using the best of organic and local ingredients wherever possible.
- "Great venue. Tasty food with an interesting menu. They also have a light meals choice section on the menu. Excellent service. Value for money." - Alison Ware, Google
- "Outstanding evening. Great service and excellent food. Pricey but that’s ok. For those who don’t check out the desserts, you are missing the best brûlée. Don’t miss the squid starter either." - Vaughan Moss
Visit Harbourside to book a table or for more information.
- Where: 181 Maunganui Road, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga
- Price: $$-$$$
If you are in downtown Mount Manganui, you won't miss this place! Sit out front and relax, or enjoy a table in the sun in the courtyard. Open for lunch, dinner and until late the cuisine at this restaurant is classic with an innovative twist.
The menu changes seasonally, and all ingredients are fresh.
- "Best place I ate during my weekend around the Mt, Papamoa and Tauranga. Great food, great service and great atmosphere. Good work Lat 37!" - Brad Stansell, Google
- "Excellent location. We tried the shared plate for two. For both dinner and dessert. It had a great range of things to try. Our son had the kids pizza and chips he thought it was good and enjoyed his ice cream sundae." - Sarah Petry, Google
The Barrio Brothers Tauranga
- Where: 107 Grey Street, Tauranga
- Price: $$
Hola! Mexican cuisine in the Bay of Plenty area doesn't get any better than at Barrio Brothers! You will find the freshest and most flavoursome Mexican dishes in town. Try a tasty taco, a classic enchilada or the famous brothers burrito. Meaning 'neighbourhood' in Spanish, Barrio is perfect place for the family or friends to come together and enjoy a shared dining experience.
- "The whole place is awesome!! Awesome food, customer service, the whole set up is great. Will definitely be going back and telling friends." - Carol Sanders, Google
- "Absolutely brilliant place to come for a beautiful meal. A++++" - Bernetta Britton, Google
- Where: 19b Pacific Avenue, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga
- Price: $$
A visit to Mount Manganui is not complete without a visit to the General! Locals love this award-winning café for its innovative menu and friendly service. It is the perfect place to come after a morning swim and enjoy a carb loaded brunch or a healthy alternative, with a delicious coffee to wash it down.
- "Great breakfast - the Eggs Benedict was awesome. And a LARGE mug of good coffee. Awesome service too!" - Chris Newson, Google
- "Best place for breakfast I've been to for a long time. Yes my new go to place." - Ted Ebbing, Google
- Where: 72 First Avenue, Central Tauranga
- Price: $$-$$$
Alimento is a long-established café in the heart of Tauranga. Set in the former Masonic building, this café is a favourite of locals and offers a consistently high level of service, food and coffee. Alimento strives to produce great food and places a strong emphasis on sourcing local produce. The team even make all of their own bread, pastries and desserts. Why not stop in and try one of the cabinet items - with a world-class coffee - or choose something from the menu.
- "Great coffee and great food. Didn't have to wait long for food to come out and the eggs bene was cooked to perfect" - Michaela de Chaby, Google
- "Their selection of food is so awesome and taste so yum. Prices are reasonable and the space is great, an indoor and outdoor areas as well." - Shiree Galvin, Google
- Where: 4/277 Maunganui Road, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga
- Price: $$
If you love a good Thai meal, and honestly who doesn't, then EasyGo Thai is a must! The team at EasyGo Thai is passionate about delivering an authentic Thai dishes at an affordable price. Experienced Thai chefs prepare any number of delicious stir fry dishes, curries and Thai salads. If you are looking for something special, why not try one of the chefs specialties. Eat in or there is a take away options available.
- "Food was excellent! Best customer service. Thank you, we had a great dinner. Totally recommend." - jenn Hj, Google
- "One of the best authentic Thai restaurants in NZ with great customer service." - Nisha Hari, Google
Izakai Bar and Eatery
- Where: 19 Girven Road, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga
- Price: $$-$$$
This bar and eatery has a classic Japanese Izakaya inspired dishes such as, Ramen, Gyoza and Yakitori but infused with New Zealand flavours. There are vegetarian and vegan options available. Enjoy your meal with any of the beers, wines or a specialty cocktails. Izakai's location in a shopping centre entertainment district, makes it a popular choice to dine and is the perfect place to grab a bite to eat before a visit to the movies.
- "Cannot rate this place highly enough - the food is amazing!! We had the lunch special which was a great way to try a variety of dishes & we discovered the prawn & creamed paua dumplings 😍 next time I may just order them they are that good!! - Ms 4th of July, Google
- "The food was amazing! Excellent Service. Loved it!" - Bradley Harris, Google