Moving to Finland
Specialist international movers to Finland
FREE QUICK REMOVALIST QUOTE
Our Finland relocation services
Considering moving to Finland? Moving to a new country is always a bitter sweet journey – exciting but stressful. WridgWays is a experienced and professional removalist, and our services include packing, storage, arranging your insurance, and transporting your pets and vehicles.
Our team of experts and specialists in relocation will assist you from the beginning stage to the end of your relocation, and we are looking forward to assisting you with all your relocation needs.
With over 125 years of moving experience, you can trust our team of specialists to organise your move to Finland a from packing up to settling in.
Anywhere In The World
We have teams all over the world, and in Australia, so if you are planning to relocate to Finland, get in touch and we will be nearby.
WridgWays has a suite of services to assist you with your move. These include visa and immigration, school and home search and more.
Nil Excess Insurance Option
We offer some of the lowest rates of moving insurance in Australia and so you can have your belongings covered during periods of transit and storage.
125+ Years’ Experience
We are proud to have more than 125 years of experience behind us, and aren’t about to slow down anytime soon. Our team is dedicated to deliver excellence and continue our legacy of helping Australians move.
Ready to organise your move with WridgWays? Get started with our international relocation service in minutes.
GET A REMOVALIST QUOTE
Check out our Finland relocation services
Reasons to move to Finland
It is common to see wholemeal products and berries in Finnish cuisines. In the western part of the country, fish and meat play an important role in their dishes, while various vegetables and mushrooms are commonly used in the eastern part of the country. A base of their meals used to be turnips until the 18th century where potatoes then reigned supreme.
The technology industry is the most important export in Finland. Because of its high-skilled researchers and engineers, many tech companies have established operations in Finland. The technology industry includes five sectors: electronics and the electrotechnical industry, mechanical engineering, metals industry, consulting engineering, and information technology.
Finnish baseball, Pesäpallo, is Finland national sport, but the most popular is ice hockey. Other popular sports are athletics, cross-country skiing, ski jumping, football, basketball, and figure skating. In terms of medals won per capita, Finland is the best performing country in Olympic history. Over achieving is part of the Finnish culture.
Cost of Living
Renting an apartment is slightly cheaper than in Australia, whereas other prices are similar to Australia, including utilities and food. For example, renting an apartment with 1 bedroom in Finland city centre is about 30% cheaper, but 1 litre of petrol is over 70% more expensive than in Australia.
Finland Moving Facts
- The official languages are Finnish and Swedish. Also, Finnish is one of the 10 most challenging languages in the world to learn and translate.
- Speeding tickets are calculated by a percentage of a person’s annual income, and it is necessary to keep the headlights on no matter day or night.
- Finland keeps a world record of having 187,888 lakes that is larger than 500 square meter within their boundaries.
- Finland’s education is one of the best in the world.
- The Finns love their coffee and milk. They consume about 12 kilogram of coffee per year, which is the highest in the world.
- Saunas play a key role in Finland. There are approximately 2.2 million saunas in the nation, and almost everyone takes a sauna at least once a week. It’s the norm to have a sauna in your home and share it with both family and friends.
- Traditional breads such as Ruisleip are part of Finland’s every meal.