Moving to Russia
Specialist international movers to Russia
FREE QUICK REMOVALIST QUOTE
Our Russia relocation services
Interested in moving to Russia? Your move to a new country doesn’t have to be stressful because WridgWays is on your behalf. WridgWays is a professional and experienced removalist specialising in packing, storage, arranging your insurance, and ensuring your pet and vehicle transportation.
WridgWays understands moving overseas could be frustrated, so we provide services cover every stage of your move. We are looking forward to assisting you with all your relocation needs.
With over 125 years of moving experience, you can trust our team of specialists to organise your move to Russia from packing up to settling in.
Anywhere In The World
We have an extensive network of branches right across the globe, so no matter where you’re moving to in Russia, we can assist with all of your relocation needs.
Our relocation specialists can provide you with a complete suite of services from visa and immigration assistance, home and school finding, to medical system overviews and spousal support services.
Nil Excess Insurance Option
We offer some of the lowest rates for moving insurance in Australia. Your possessions can be covered during transit to Russia and when in storage.
125+ Years’ Experience
We’ve been helping Australians move house for over 125 years, and we continue to collaborate with the best relocation service providers in the world.
Ready to organise your move with WridgWays? Get started with our international relocation service in minutes.
GET A REMOVALIST QUOTE
Check out our Russia relocation services
Reasons to move to Russia
Russian cuisines are diverse and influenced by Northern and Eastern Europe, Caucasus, Siberia, and Asia. It is common to see fish, poultry, mushrooms, berries, and honey in Russian dishes. Soup plays a key role in Russian meal, and they eat cold and hot soup. For example, Okroshka is a cold soup made from kvass or lime milk, and the main ingredients are two kind of vegetables mixed with cold boiled fish or meat. Shchi is an example for hot soup. It is a Russian style cabbage soup with meat, carrots, and some spicy herbs inside.
Oil, natural gas, metals, and timber account for more than 80% of Russian exports abroad, and Russia main import goods are food and ground transport. Due to hosting for 2018 FIFA World Cup, Russia spent money on related infrastructure in 2017, but the economy is accordingly expected to gain because of consumption and services.
The capital city Moscow has a good opportunity for English speakers or foreigners with specialists skills. The reason is because the Russian biggest companies and international corporations usually set up their headquarters or operations here. There are also a lot of work of bi-lingual expatriates in hotels, restaurants, and some tourism associated jobs
Cost of Living
Prices are affordable in Russia. fruits like apples, oranges, and bananas are half price of Australia’s. Renting an apartment could be 60% cheaper than in Australia, no matter it is in or outside the city centre.
Russia moving facts
- Russia is the largest country in the world, which spans Asia and Europe continents.
- Moscow is the capital city of Russia, and it is home to 78 billionaires.
- The official language is Russian, and main foreign languages are English, German, French, and Turkish.
- There are 11 time zones in Russia.
- Russians are one of the biggest drinkers in the world. They like to have a shot of Vodka after meal, and they has some of the best Vodkas in the world. However, 1 out of 5 deaths is alcohol related.
- When you give flowers, you have to buy an odd number. Avoiding giving even number of flowers since it is for funeral.
- It is about 14,000 Russian women died from domestic violence per year, and domestic violence is still not recognised as a crime in Russian law.
- HIV and AIDS is an epidemic in Russia, and it is largely spurred by high levels of heroin use.