Moving to New Zealand
Specialist international movers to New Zealand
FREE QUICK REMOVALIST QUOTE
Our New Zealand relocation services
Moving to New Zealand doesn’t have to be stressful. Our team of moving experts have all aspects of your move covered, from packing your possessions and managing your insurance, to ensuring your pets are transported safely from point A to point B.
WridgWays will take care of your move so that you can sit back and enjoy the rest of what makes moving abroad so exciting. We make it easy.
With over 125 years of moving experience, you can trust our team of specialists to organise your move to New Zealand from packing up to settling in.
Anywhere In The World
We have an extensive network of branches right across the globe, so no matter where you’re moving to in New Zealand, we can assist with all of your relocation needs.
Our relocation specialists can provide you with a complete suite of services from visa and immigration assistance, home and school finding, to medical system overviews and spousal support services.
Nil Excess Insurance Option
We offer some of the lowest rates for moving insurance in Australia. Your possessions can be covered during transit to New Zealand and when in storage.
125+ Years’ Experience
We’ve been helping Australians move house for over 125 years, and we continue to collaborate with the best relocation service providers in the world.
Ready to organise your move with WridgWays? Get started with our international relocation service in minutes.
GET A REMOVALIST QUOTE
Check out our New Zealand relocation services
Reasons to move to New Zealand
New Zealand is gloriously beautiful, with lakes, snowy mountains, volcanoes and beaches lacing the country from top to bottom. There are more sheep and cows than people dotting the acres upon acres of lush green grass. New Zealand enjoys one of the cleanest and most natural environments in the world, and because it’s so small, it won’t take long to reach a slice of pristine nature.
People are friendly
Kiwis are known to be some of the friendliest people in the world, always ready to help you out. They enjoy dry humour and banter (especially regarding their friendly rivalry with Australians), and are extremely welcoming and genuine. You can expect to be greeted with a smile when talking to a Kiwi.
New Zealand has incredible local travel opportunities, from the tip of the North Island to the edge of the South Island; did someone say road trip? In Auckland, you can hop on a ferry to Waiheke Island and enjoy beautiful vineyards and a giant flying fox through the breathtaking forest. If hiking or trekking is more your scene, you can trek the stunning glaciers and mountains in Queenstown; it’s hard to resist the outdoors.
Safe and laid back
At the bottom of the globe, and ridiculously far away from the rest of the world, New Zealand is pretty safe from the threats of global attack and war. There is a relatively low crime rate, with two-thirds of people saying they feel safe in their neighbourhood.
New Zealand moving facts
- New Zealand has a growing population of 4.69 million (2016) and is increasing by 2.1% every year
- The population is projected to reach 5.1 million by the year 2050
- New Zealand has a relatively young population, with 20% of people aged 14 years or younger
- According to the Global Liveability Report (2017), New Zealand is the 8th most liveable city in the world, and Auckland was ranked 3rd in the 2016 Mercer Quality of Living Survey
- Auckland is the most populated city in New Zealand, with 1.53 million people (2017)
- New Zealand is very diverse, with just over 25% of the population born overseas
- Hobsonville, Southwest Christchurch and Central Christchurch are projected to be the fastest growing suburbs until 2023
- For more help please visit our friends at movetonewzealand.net