We are currently transitioning to a new telco provider, if you have any difficulties calling please contact uor via our live chat
Do you have a question about your upcoming WridgWays move or a general enquiry? Please contact us here.

Immigration services

Immigration services for your entire visa application process

Every country has its own unique challenges in the form of visas and immigration permits. Our immigration services experts have deep knowledge of immigration laws and regulations around the world. We’ll guide you through the application process from your initial application to form submissions.

Get in touch without one of our immigration specialists today

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
Moving Services
Visa and Immigration

Helping thousands of people relocate and thrive overseas

Our relocation services extend to over 100 countries around the world, and you’ll find our physical offices are currently located in 47 countries.

  • We can facilitate visa documentation collection and provide application assistance.
  • Our services include consulting for the visa and immigration employee permit process.
  • Each year we manage over 35,000 visa applications for companies and individuals.
  • We have the facilities to support large organisations with their global mobility programs.

Why our immigration services are one of the best

  • Visa and Immigration Consulting
  • Consular Services
  • Immigration Compliance Support
  • Employment Services
Person Chat Green
Frequent and friendly communication
Home Green
A comprehensive moving service
Calendar Green
125+ years experience

Got any questions about our immigration services?

Get in touch

Frequently asked questions

I have an Australian partner – can I get a permanent visa?

If you have an Australian partner you may be able to obtain a partner visa to Australia. Australian partner visas are normally a two-stage process.

The first step requires you to obtain a provisional visa, then you become eligible for the permanent stage of the visa two years after lodging the original application. There are some circumstances where you can proceed directly to the permanent visa and avoid the two-year provisional stage – these are:

1. You have been in a spouse (or de facto) relationship with your partner for at least three years at the time you apply for the initial partner visa, or

2. You have been in a spouse (or de facto) relationship with your partner for at least two years and you both have a child (or children) together at the time you apply for the initial partner visa.

Normally to meet the requirements for a partner visa you must be in a partner relationship with an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an ‘eligible’ New Zealand citizen. Your partner must be willing to sponsor you and your relationship will be tested on four main criteria:

  • Social factors
  • Financial factors
  • The nature of the household
  • The nature of the relationship

In Australia, same-sex couples have the same rights as heterosexual couples (including same-sex marriage). But you don’t need to be married to apply for a partner visa.

If you are not married you must be able to prove that you’re are a genuine ‘de facto’ couple. This would normally (but not always) mean that you have lived together for at least 12 months prior to lodging the application.

Each relationship is different and the type of documents that are used to evidence the relationship will be very situation specific.

Can I get a visitor/tourist visa to Australia?

Whether or not you can easily obtain a visitor visa to Australia depends mostly on the country of your passport. Australia’s visa system categorises passports as low-risk or high-risk.

Whether or not a passport country is considered low risk is determined largely by historical data relating to visa overstayers and data on people who have breached their visa conditions in Australia. There are only 34 low-risk passport countries.

If you hold a low-risk passport you may be eligible for a fast processing visitor visa which in most cases is very simple to obtain. Normally these visas are granted for a period of 12 months, but allow no more than 3 months stay each entry.

If you do not hold a low-risk passport, or you have a complex situation (such as a criminal record), or if you would like to stay in Australia for longer than three months then the process becomes more complex. In these cases, you need to be able to demonstrate (with documentary evidence) that you:

  • Have a genuine reason to travel to Australia
  • Have a genuine reason to depart at the end of your visit (incentive to return home)
  • Have sufficient funds for your journey.

In some cases having family in Australia to sponsor you can help obtain a visitor visa.

Do I need to take an English test for the TSS Visa?

If you are the primary applicant you may need an English test for the TSS visa. Secondary applicants do not need to prove their English language ability. There are five different types of tests available for the TSS visa:

  • International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
  • Occupational English Test (OET)
  • Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT)
  • Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
  • Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test (also known as Certificate in Advanced English).

The scores you need will depend on the test being taken, and the ‘stream’ under which you are applying. In some cases, a test is not required. This is the case for holders of certain countries’ passports (UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand and Ireland).

There are also exemptions available in some cases where the applicant has studied at a particular level for at least 5 years where all instruction was in English, or in some limited cases where the position being filled in an ‘intra-company transfer’.

How can I migrate to Australia without a job offer?

If you are thinking of migrating to Australia but you do not have an employer to sponsor you there are certain visas you may be able to apply for under the General Skilled Migration program.

When applying for skilled migration you must demonstrate that you have the skills and qualifications necessary to work in an occupation on particular skilled occupations lists, and meet the ‘points test’. There are three skilled occupations lists:

  • Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
  • Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)
  • Regional Occupation List (ROL)

Skilled visas are designed on points based system and you will need to pass by scoring a minimum number of points. Points are awarded based on a variety of factors such as your age, your level of English language ability, work and study history and various other factors.

Generally, to be eligible you would need to:

  • Have a relevant occupation
  • Have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
  • Meet the pass mark of at least 65 points
  • Be under 45 years of age at the time of invitation
  • Have Competent English (IELTS 6 or equivalent)
  • In some cases, a state government or an eligible relative is required for nomination

Skilled migration visas are complex and determining the best option is dependent on the particular circumstances in each individual case.

How can I get a Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) Visa to Australia?

The Temporary Skills Shortage Visa, commonly referred to as the TSS visa (subclass 482), enables employers to address labour shortages by bringing in genuinely skilled workers where they cannot source an appropriately skilled Australian. TSS visa holders can work in Australia in their nominated occupation for their approved sponsor for up to either 2 or 4 years per visa, depending on the occupation.

The first step to obtaining a TSS visa is to find an employer who is willing to sponsor you. Once you have located a suitable employer, there is a three-step process:

1. Your prospective employer must be or become an approved TSS visa sponsor with the Department of Home Affairs.

2. A nomination application must be lodged which details the position, salary and labour market testing details.

3. A visa application must then be lodged which meets requirements such as skill, English language, health, and character.

The WridgWays difference

Our immigration moving services are designed to support you every step of the way from visa applications to settling into your new country.
Spreadsheet Green

Application support

We offer full application support for your staff. Our immigration consultants can assist with visa pre-screening, applications, tracking and renewal, and cancellation services.

Lock Green

Storage services

Our moving experts can arrange storage and packing no matter where you’re relocating to. From transit to long-term storage we’ll ensure your items are protected along the journey.

Calendar Green

125+ years experience

We’ve been helping Australians and immigrants relocate for over 125 years. With the right combination of experience and resources, we’ll ensure your next move is seamless.

Handshake Green

Consular services

Our consular services have you covered in over 100 countries. From visa application assistance to issuance and delivery, our services provide you with extensive coverage for relocating.

Person Chat Green

Relocation support

Our relocation specialists can help you settle into your new suburb. They can book house inspections, interview schools, and provide you with a detailed suburb guide.

Corporate Green

No insurance excess

All of your possessions can be covered during a move and you won’t be charged an excess for it.

Get in touch with our team

We can help you get answers to all your questions about visas and immigration.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.

Other services

We can help you move with a range of different services

Helping you move to your destination

Latest articles