Pack Like A Pro When You Move House
We’ve all been there & stressed out, trying to figure how many cartons will I need? What is going to fit in each carton? Where will I get suitable moving cartons? And then there comes the mad rush at the end, trying to cram in all those last bits and pieces in.
So here are some tips and words of advice – prepare early! Packing early and efficiently will save you lots of time at both ends of your house move.
Make sure you collect your professional packing cartons, tape and paper well ahead of time; allow 2 – 3 weeks for this task. WridgWys packing cartons come in a range of sizes, each custom made with specific requirements to ensure maximum protection for your personal household goods. There are eight cartons types in total and available for pick up at your local branch or delivery. These are listed below along with measurements:
Standard Carton (teachest carton) – 483 X 406 X 684 H
Utility Carton (medium carton) – 483 X 406 X 334 H
Stereo / Electronic Carton– 598 X 406 X 246 H
Book Carton (small carton) – 406 X 320 X 334 H
Art Pack / Picture Carton– 1014 X 75 X 762 H
Port-A-Robe – 592 X 478 X 1024 H
Travel Trunk – 640 X 400 X 340 H
Of course, for those cherished items that need extra special care, we will create custom made crates for these items for you, simply ask your friendly moving consultant. Your accredited removalists are fully trained in the correct packing methods to ensure minimal likelihood of damage to your household good. However, if you have elected to do all or part of the packing yourself, it is often difficult to estimate just how many removal cartons you will need for the task. Here is an easy-to-follow guide for you:
- Allow an average of one and a half Standard WridgWays Cartons per kitchen or dining room cupboard.
- Allow one Book Carton per one metre (3-4 feet) of bookshelves containing books or 12 standard wine bottles.
- Allow one Electronic Carton for each component of your stereo system and VCR. Ensure that plenty of packing paper is
- Pictures and paintings of ‘average’ size will be secured two at a time into our Picture Cartons. Smaller items will be packaged into our Standard or Utility Cartons.
- Larger paintings should be noted separately so we can arrange appropriate specialised packing for these items.
- Ensure you consider items on shelves, tables, hanging walls, in the dishwasher, under beds and so on; you don’t want to leave anything behind.
- The average single bed linen and bedding will require approximately 1-2 Standard Cartons. The average queen bed will require 2-3 Standard Cartons for linen and bedding.
WridgWays Removalists is an established local, interstate and international removalist with the years of experience necessary for a smooth, easy move. WridgWays Removalists has 125 years of experience moving Australian families.
Our team of local, interstate and itnernational removalists are skilled professionals, who provide understanding and care. Our services include packing, unpacking, cleaning, vehicle transport, insurance, and much more! To discuss you next move find your nearest removalist branch here.