At Santa Fe Wridgways, we pride ourselves on making it easy for our customers, and this year we are joining forces with Foodbank to make life a little easier for those who are doing it tough. We are running a food drive all across the country throughout the festive season, collecting food for the less fortunate.
To help generate as much support for this great cause as possible, we are encouraging our staff AND our customers to make the effort to donate non-perishable foods to our food drive.
We will have collection boxes in all of our branches, and will provide special boxes to any customers who may wish to take up this opportunity to do something special, at this special time of year.
How can I help?
- Ask your Sales Consultant to provide you with a special collection box which you can fill with any non-perishable food products
- Visit a Santa Fe Wridgways Branch and drop off any items you wish to donate in our collection boxes
What items can I donate?
Foodbank accepts donations of any non-perishable food (within use by date) that is fit for human consumption. This can include:
- Canned & packet meals
- Canned vegetables & Soup
- Canned fruit
- Canned fish & meat
- Meal base sauces
- Rice & Pasta
- UHT milk
- Coffee & Tea
- Baby Food
Did you know?
- Foodbank is Australia’s largest independent not for profit food relief organisation, delivering nutritious, healthy food to individuals and families in need.
- It’s not just the homeless and unemployed who go without food but also the working poor and elderly
- A Foodbank survey found that 77% of the public are unaware that there is a hunger problem in Australia
- According to Do Something! Australians spend $7.8 billion a year on food that we buy and then throw away
- 2 million people seek food relief each year
- 644,000 people receive food relief from Foodbank agencies every month and 33% of these are children (216,000)