The most pain-staking task when moving house is the time and effort that it requires to pack up your household items and have them ready to be moved to your new home. From ensuring that you’ve packed fragile items with materials to minimise damage, to making sure that the box you’ve packed isn’t too heavy, there are numerous factors to consider along the way. This is where a Wridgways valet service can save you time that can be spent doing more enjoyable things like furniture shopping for your new home or getting the family together to decide where everyone wants to explore in your new area.
Here are three ways valet services will make your move far easier:
- Packing – Your dedicated Wridgways valet lady will come to your home and carefully pack all of your precious belongings so that they’re ready to be moved, including the use of specialised protective materials for any fragile items that you may have. They will also ensure that your boxes are of a safe weight for lifting and transportation.
- Cleaning – Your professional valet member can then clean your home completely, so that it is ready for the next family to move in and/or any inspections as arranged by your real estate agent. Upon arrival at your new destination, your valet services team can also give your new home a thorough clean prior to unpacking your furniture and household items, ensuring it’s nice clean and fresh for you to move into.
- Placement & Unpacking – Organising your new home to suit your families’ needs and preferences can be a demanding task. Our valet ladies do this for a living and have extensive experience in ensuring the set-up of your new home is just perfect for your family. From placement of furniture, to the setting up of your bedrooms, office, bathrooms and kitchen in the most efficient manner possible, you can kick back and relax while having someone else do all of the hard work for you.
Packing and unpacking your kitchen is often one of the most dreaded tasks when moving house. After making sure you haven’t left anything behind, then to organise the kitchen upon arrival at your new place, there are many things you can do in between to make the process not only less-stressful, but achieve the most beautifully organised kitchen as possible.
We’ve listed some tips below to make the transition to your new kitchen an easy and gratifying project:
The Clear-Out/Packing Stage:
- Clean out all cupboards and drawers – Start by setting up boxes for things that are either travelling to your new place, being donated to charity or going in the bin; whether that is recycling, compost or general waste. Follow this up by going through your food items, appliances and storage containers – have you used this item in the last 6 months? Are you likely to use it in the next 6 months? If not take it out of the “moving” pile, and put it into the “donate to charity” pile. This should minimise the contents you will be moving to your new home already.
- Wrap crockery and breakables carefully – Bubble wrap is great to utilise if you’ve got some, if not, cardboard dividers in conjunction with towels will do just fine. For extra protection, contact a professional moving company that offer a packing service – they provide all of the packing materials and do the hard (and delicate) work for you. If you are moving with Wridgways and have elected to pack yourself, we will happily provide you with recycled packing cartons and wrapping materials free of charge! After all, we want to make the moving process as easy and safe as possible for you.