The Cheapest Way to Move Interstate
The cheapest way to move furniture interstate is easier than you think
If you’re not sure what the cheapest way to move interstate is then you’ve come to the right place. At WridgWays we have over 125 years’ experience in the moving industry and we can help you with your interstate move. Our removalists have experience at moving people all over the world. They will ensure your next move is stress-free.
Want the cheapest way to move interstate? Talk to WridgWays for a quote today!
Create a budget
Before you move interstate it’s a good idea to plan out your budget. This will help you ensure that your move is affordable. If you have a good idea of what it will cost this means you can plan accordingly. You can work out where you will be able to save money and where you will need to spend money.
How to budget:
- Get an accurate quote from a moving company
- Calculate how much you have to move and how far you’re moving
- Work out how much you earn and how much you’ll need to save beforehand
- Create a savings account to keep your savings separate
- Keep track of all your usual expenses so you’ll know if you’re running short of cash
Do your research
To find the cheapest way to move interstate you’ll need to do some research online. Make sure you know everything you can about the best prices for moving before you book anything in. This will allow you to work out if you want to move yourself or hire professional interstate movers to help.
What to research:
- Removalist companies
- Self-moving tips
- Interstate moving costs
- Accommodation for your journey
- Flight costs
- New homes at your destination
- Schools or activities for your children
Declutter your home
It’s a good idea to declutter your home before you move. Not only will this make your move easier, but it’s also one of the cheapest ways to move interstate. Without so many belongings to transport you won’t pay nearly as much to transport your goods across the country. This is the perfect opportunity to go through your belongings and throw out things you no longer need.
What to get rid of:
- Excess linen or kitchenware
- Old toys or memorabilia that you no longer want
- Clothes that no longer fit
- Old furniture
By decluttering your home you may find items of value. This is a great opportunity to make some extra cash. There are lots of online platforms where you can sell your used items if you no longer need them. If you think your belongings aren’t completely worthless you could easily make some extra savings before your big move.
Where to sell your items:
- At a garage sale
- On eBay
- On Gumtree
- Through Facebook marketplaces and swap/buy/sell groups
- On bulletin boards at universities
Choose the best time
To find the cheapest way to move furniture interstate you’ll need to know the best times to move. If you move during peak seasons this could cost you a lot of money. Off-season prices are much more affordable and will allow you to save a lot on your removalist costs. You might not be able to choose when you move, but if you can it’s an easy way to save money.
Peak seasons in Australia:
- Public holidays
- School holidays
- Christmas holidays
- Summer (between December and February)
Find a reputable moving company
Finding removalists to help you move interstate is an important step in the moving process. Choosing a reputable moving company is the best way to ensure your belongings are safe on their journey. Removalists may cost more than doing it yourself, but they are also better equipped for it.
The benefits of professional movers:
- Often accredited and insured
- Have the necessary experience, equipment, and premises for interstate moves
- Are used to completing interstate moves
- Can provide packing materials for your belongings
- Offer a variety of transport methods for your belongings
With over 125 years’ experience in the moving industry, WridgWays can help you move. If you want to find the cheapest way to move interstate, we can help you find ways to cut down on costs. Our expert team of removalists and relocation consultants will be there every step of the way. You can trust WridgWays to safely transport your belongings to your new home.
Looking for the cheapest way to move interstate? Get a quote from WridgWays today!