5 Tips to choosing a quality removalist
Moving house can be one of the most stressful events, so it is important to put your removal in the hands of reliable, professionals. As with everything, you will certainly get what you pay for and the cheapest option may cost you more in the long run, if you encounter damage or delays.
Consider the following tips to assist you in choosing a removalist and reputable removal company:
1. Are they an accredited member of AFRA?
Australian Furniture Removals Association is an official body of removals experts that helps regulate the removals industry. AFRA accredits only those furniture removalists that have the necessary equipment, vehicles, premises and staff training needed to complete a professional move. Ask your removal company if they are a member of AFRA and if they hold accreditations and other recognised professional memberships.
2. Reputation is everything
When looking for a removalist, consider these questions:
- Is the company highly experienced with many years of moving experience?
- Do they have multiple branches and offices to manage movements in all areas?
- Are their vehicles fully branded, modern and in good condition?
- Do they have an office in the area you are moving to, so you can deal with a local representative on arrival?
- Can they move you door-to-door and offer storage if required?
- Do they appoint one person for your personal point-of-contact throughout your move?
3. Get Recommendations
Ask your friends, family members and co workers about companies they have used in the past and you will soon gather a list of trustworthy removal companies. Check reviews about their credibility and ask for testimonials from previous customers.
Consider the additional services you may require for your complete move. Do you need a professional carton packing service, house cleaning, pet transport, car transport or even a full unpacking service upon delivery? Perhaps even a handyman service to hang pictures, re-assemble playground equipment etc upon delivery.
5. Get everything in Writing
It is unwise to proceed with any removal company if you do not have full terms and conditions and a detailed contract. Make sure that you obtain a no obligation written quotation and check all details are fully listed and all costs are clearly illustrated. Don’t risk unexpected charges or surprises on moving day.
For more information, contact Wridgways on 1800 225 916