Where to Live in Sydney
The Best Suburbs in Sydney
Moving to a new city can be overwhelming. If you’re looking to find where to live in Sydney, then you’ve come to the right place. When it comes to finding the right suburb in Sydney, there are a lot of choices. Here at WridgWays, we can help you find the best area for your lifestyle with our guide on where to live in Sydney.
Not sure where to live in Sydney? Talk to the friendly staff at WridgWays today!
Things to know about Sydney
Sydney is an affluent city with a wide range of job opportunities and things to do. You will find that every suburb here has its own unique attractions, and people really become attached to the area they live in.
The best suburbs in Sydney for you will depend on what kind of lifestyle you’re looking for. It’s a good idea to work out what you plan on doing in Sydney before settling on a suburb.
- Inner city suburbs are a lot more expensive than others.
- The outer areas offer larger homes and backyards.
While Sydney may seem like a business hub, there are a lot of great areas for families too. If you’re hoping to find a home with space for your family to grow, the inner-city suburbs are not your best choice. These can be quite crowded so close to the CBD, and you may not find suitable living arrangements for children.
- The best suburbs in Sydney for families are Manly, Fairlight, Balgowlah, Curl Curl, and Dee Why.
- The North Shore is a great place for families, although the housing prices will be quite high here.
- Consider the outer western or southern suburbs for more spacious living.
Those looking for a more hip and youthful environment will be better off living close to the city centre. You’ll find a livelier crowd here and plenty to keep you entertained all year round. While the prices may be higher there are plenty of share-house options or apartments available to suit your budget.
- You’ll find great places to live in Newtown, Glebe, Erskineville, Leichhardt, and Balmain.
- You will find a very youthful, creative population in East Sydney. If you want to live where the action is, this is the best place to be.
Sydney attracts many professionals thanks to the endless job opportunities. Finding a home where you can access work from isn’t always easy though. The most popular suburbs for professionals are further out from the hustle and bustle of the city but still provide easy access to most jobs.
- Most professionals find the best suburbs in Sydney are to the north or east.
- This includes suburbs such as Coogee, Bondi, Rose Bay, Double Bay, and Bronte.
If you’re looking for somewhere to retire, then Sydney is a great option. Retirees often want a more relaxed lifestyle, which means finding a home away from the Sydney CBD. It is a bustling metropolis but has some great locations on offer.
- For retirees, the best suburbs are Neutral Bay, Lavendar Bay, North Sydney, Kirribilli, and Waverton.
- These areas offer a very friendly and relaxed lifestyle. There’s plenty of space for larger homes or apartments.
Students who aren’t sure where to live in Sydney will want to find accommodation close to their university campus. This will make commuting much easier. It will also allow you to socialise with your fellow uni students. Student housing can be expensive, but share houses are very common in Sydney. This will make your cost of living much more affordable.
- You’ll find some of the best suburbs in Sydney for students are Marsfield, North Ryde, Camperdown, Ultimo, Randwick, Kensington, Penrith, and Parramatta.
- Depending on where your university is, you may be able to catch the train into class.
With WridgWays there to help every step of the way, you can rest assured your next move will be hassle free. We will ensure your belongings get from A to B. With over 125 years’ experience in the moving industry, we are proud to say that we are the best in the business.
We have branches located all over Australia and can help you with your move to Sydney. With professional removalists on hand, you won’t have to lift a finger. Let WridgWays do the heavy lifting so you can enjoy the journey.
Need help moving to one of the best suburbs in Sydney? WridgWays can help!